There are a few things I want to tell you today, dear reader. Okay, three things. Three is more than "a few", right? Because isn't "a few" just two? I can never be certain. Anyway, I'm going to share three things with you:
1. My brother, the soldier --remember him? --is HOME! Home from Iraq! For good this time. Safely! He is home with his wife and son, and they are very happy. Big D's unit had no casualties, and my brother received a Bronze Star for his service. I'm so proud of him! I can't wait to see him later this month.
2. Brandon gets home from some more work-traveling today, and I've decided that this is the weekend we're gonna finally see U2! I'm planning it all out, getting the babysitter, etc. and I'm so excited! Now I won't have to gouge out my eyeballs, and Amanda won't have to have yucky images in her mind of me doing such a desperate thing. And bythelbs will be so proud!
3. This is my 500th post, dear reader. Did you hear me? Are you sure? Let me try again: THIS IS MY FIVE HUNDREDTH POST!!
Can you believe it?
To be honest, I can. I have a lot to say! And just so you're not left wondering if I post 10 times a day, I have been blogging since January of 2006. Two and a half years makes for a lot of posts!
Anyway, in celebration of this remarkable blogging milestone, I have decided to hold a give-a-way. Oh, yes, dear reader! A give-a-way! My second one, ever. You should consider yourself very lucky to participate in this give-a-way, since...well...since it's a give-a-way? And you get free stuff?
Exactly, dear reader, exactly.
Here's the prize:
Because I love the written word, and blogging is simply the act of writing and reading, I've decided to give away books as the prize. That's right, books! But not just any books. Good books. Fun books! These books:
Mandy: This book was one of my absolute favorites when I was a little girl. I still read it sometimes.
Eat Cake: Light, fluffy, and a fun read.
Jane Austen Handbook: I actually haven't read it yet, but Jeanette gives it an "A"; plus, I figured since this is me we're dealing with, I had to have something related to Jane Austen!
How to win:
Leave ONE comment with your name (no anonymous entries are allowed. That makes no sense, people!), and 500 reasons why you love my blog.
Totally kidding! I mean, if you really want to tell me 500 reasons why you love my blog, I'm really not opposed to it, but then I might have to block you from reading my blog because that's just creepy. ~shudder~
Instead, please tell me three reasons why you blog. To start, I'll give you my reasons:
1. To journal. This is pretty much it, you know.
2. To create! I am a writer.
3. To "meet" amazing people like you, dear reader. Honest to goodness, some of my closest friends I have met through blogging! And I've never even seen your faces. Well, I've seen pictures of your faces, but I've never been able to reach out and poke you in the eye and hear you yell "ouch! Jerk!" I mean, not that I would poke you in the eye, I'm just using this for illustration. Powerful illustration, eh?
I will leave the comments open until 10PM MST on Monday, June 9th. I will pick the name randomly, blah, blah, etc. and announce the winner sometime on Tuesday, June 10th.
Whoo-hoo! Now comment away! Win yourself some books...