Monday, April 09, 2007

Ode to my Brothers...




Here are my brothers (and me). The only person missing is my sister. I wish she could have been here, but, alas, Utah is far away and she is a busy mom (who's having another boy!! Yahoo!!). I'll write about my sister another time. Today, I'll write about my brothers.

It's amazing how time flies. It seems like yesterday my brother D was making fun of me (oh, wait. It was yesterday! :) ) and getting annoyed that his friends wanted to date me. And wasn't it yesterday when brother J was riding his bike around the neighborhood and getting grossed out whenever I kissed my boyfriend? I mean, husband?

Now D is going to Iraq. He leaves next month, and I have to say, despite my quiet and peaceful demeanor about the situation, I'm devastated. He and I have not always been close, but I'm a mess inside thinking about him going off to War. His wife and son live close to us here in California, and for both of our sakes, I'm so glad. I know she'll need a ton of support --but so will I. Regardless of how little D and I talk now-a-days, I'm going to miss him so much. And I'm terrified. I pray so hard that he'll be safe.

J is going to BYU-Idaho. At least that is safer! He's home, fresh from his mission in Costa Rica and doing well. He's still a little punk (always and forever, bubba! Bring it on!), but he's also grown up so much. I can't believe the little guy is old enough to marry. I hope that whoever he picks to be his wife will be an amazing woman. We need another strong woman in the family (to match the rest of us!), and one that can handle all our craziness.

Here's to my baby brothers. I'll love 'em forever!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great shot of the three of you! I am the only gal with two brothers and I can assure you the only way we'd ever hold hands if I had to hog-tie them down. :-)

Cheryl said...

Well, actually, he was trying to hurt me, and I was holding his hand down so he wouldn't ruin the shot... :)