So, yesterday I wrote a post about my mean mothering. I hadn't planned on writing it. In fact, the original post started like this:
"What should I write today...? Ho-hum, doopidy, dum..."
Literally. That was how I was starting my post meant to be filled with all kinds of random cruddiness. But then I thought, "Nah, I'll just write about how I suck as a mom." I had no idea it would be so well received!
I think this may be due to one of two things: 1. I need a lot of help and advice because I'm just a failure as a mother, or 2. You are all cruddy mothers, too, and the guilty like to associate with the guilty. Any takers on which one it was...? Yeah, okay. I get it. You're done admitting your vast weaknesses. It's okay, I have my confession limits, too.
But, anyway, I just want to thank you. All of you! Thank you to my regular comment-people, and to the new people that somehow found their way to me (y'all come back now, y' hear? Ooh! Bonus points for the show and who said it...). I just want to let you know that you are at least 51% of the reason I write! Sorry, I can't give you more than that. I need the other 49% for my own personal reasons. I mean it is my blog, my thoughts, my heritage, my escape from this crazy world.
But thanks for all the kind words and wonderful advice. I would thank you each personally and individually (redundant much?), but how do I respond to 22 (or more?) comments?! What the?! You people sure make me feel good. Holy cow, I'm watering in the eye regions now...
Anyway (now that I have paused to use a tissue or two), I had some profound thoughts on my mind, so stick with me as I peruse through the not-so-quiet corners of my brain:
1. Lizzie had her baby! Last night! Hooray! That is all I know at the moment, but I'm sure they will blog about it, so go and give them your congratulations...
2. I'm thinking of making a list of all of my friends that did the 10 picture Meme/tag/oh-my-heck-did-you-actually-make-me-take-pictures-of-my-house-just-now?! What do you think? Should I make a link on my side-bar for those? To go along with my brand-spankin' new Spotlight Sunday Series and How I Lost The Weight Series? What say you?
3. I'm loving this community thing we've got going. Has anyone noticed that many of us comment on many of the same personal blogs? Have you loved it as much as I have? I love seeing familiar names here and there and everywhere. Keep it up, people! Expand your commenting into other places. Not that I'm encouraging blog addiction. I mean, my family is already thinking of an intervention, so...you know...
4. Last night was #2's preschool graduation. Here are some pictures and videos for your entertainment. [And advanced apologies to Cristy (who is not blogging lately because of intense pregnancy sickness she sadly must endure for the entire 9 months) because her beautiful son is in these videos and I didn't even ask permission. Seriously, Cristy, I'll take them down if you want me too!]
By the way, if you are wondering if #2 will be on Broadway when she gets older, the answer is "Duh!"
(Here's her teacher, Mrs. P. Love her! So much, in fact, that #3 is going to be in her preschool next year! Best part? Her home is within walking distance.)
5. Father's and Son's camp out is tonight. #4 will not be going due to age, but #3 cannot wait for camping with dad! He's so excited! I'll be more excited when #4 is old enough to go...
6. Today is #1's last day of school. #1 is now officially finished with the First Grade! Holy-freakin'-cow, when did I get a Second Grader as a daughter?? Honestly, these things creep up on me so slowly and then SLAP! It's right there in my face. Now I feel kind of old...not quite unlike how Leslie is feeling lately...
7. This weekend is my last chance to see U2 on the IMAX theater. If I don't end up seeing it, I might seriously gouge my eyeballs with a fork. Or throw a tantrum, on the floor, legs kicking, arms flailing, etc. etc. Wish me luck! Bythelbs is counting on me. I have to see it! I have to!
Have a Fabulous Weekend!