Monday, May 21, 2018

The Downs

My previous post was very optimistic and I still believe in every single word I wrote. But since then, we've experienced a lot of the downs instead of the ups.

We had four (three serious) medical emergencies with our kids:
*6 year old's heel got caught in the spokes of a bike and was on crutches for three weeks
*3 year old was hit in the head by an errant discus at a track meet, slicing her ear and requiring an ambulance ride and 10 stitches
*13 year old broke his big toe (sprained, maybe?)
*17 year old ended up in the hospital with ruptured ovarian cysts (or just one cyst. Not really sure.)

Everything that can go wrong seems to go wrong. $1100 van bill. Miscommunication about insurance causing me to miss OB appointments. Maternity clothes I ordered have been lost in shipping. House repairs. Pregnancy brain settling in. Cats bringing in ticks. Bounce house business not as busy as we hoped. Multiple slivers in 3 year old's feet from the back deck. No energy = no motivation = trashy house (because like my kids are gonna clean it without being told to and who has the energy for all that whining and complaining?)

It's not the end of the world. Life goes on. Literally. And I still have faith and I still believe in miracles.

I have a beautiful family and a wonderful husband and an amazing home and tons of good friends.

But it's been hard and I've cried a lot.


No comments: