Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Little Miracle

Sometimes, it's the little things that make all the difference. Like hearing this heartbeat for the first time and seeing this face:


I love and adore this baby. S/he wasn't planned and our future has been changed significantly, but I'm genuinely excited for another baby.

It will be such a strange time! A brand new baby, our oldest graduating from high school...

When I was in my early 20's, I always said, "If I have them all before I'm 30, they'll all be gone before I'm 50!" I truly thought that's how it would go down. I was so naive. Because here I am, 39 years old, having my eighth child, and all I can think is how incredibly grateful I am to be so wrong about it.

Life is hard (see previous post) and twists and turns and leads us on crazy journeys we didn't think we needed. It can be frustrating, overwhelming, exhausting, and downright rude! But it's also beautiful and wonderful and full of amazing amazingness. Not everything is fixed and many of the hard things continue to be hard, but today, I'm grateful for this tiny miracle and the reminder that life is worth it.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Ahhh, your baby is already adorable.