Monday, December 03, 2012

Just a Rotten Day. Carry On.

Wonderful weekend, dear reader:
*wedding reception for the daughter of my dear friend
*dinner date at Sora with Brandon (highly recommend Sora! Fantastic Asian food. It's on Center St. in Provo)
*decorating for Christmas and cleaning the house
*Brandon fixed the cabinet and clogged kitchen sink
*lovely Sabbath: subbing in #4's primary class, choir practice, brinner, watching a friend's son, Advent, "White Christmas," cookies

But today is Monday. And all I can think of is:
*needing to get the house clean (again) before Friday
*laundry that needs to get started two hours ago
*the fact that I was careful for two weeks with what I ate, incorporated loads of veggies, snacked hardly at all, and then... gained 3 pounds. ?!?!?
*that despite all of my goals and motivation and positive thinking, I still have yet to exercise
*going to San Francisco this weekend and I feel gross
*anxiety kicking in because of prep and having to fly with a baby
*people who misinterpret or misunderstand my intentions and my complaints and assume I'm asking for preachy judgement or unsolicited advice 
*that I spend my mornings with needy little boys who are in the throws of difficult stages: the UNREASONABLE 3's and the crawling/pulling-himself-up-to-stand not-quite-1's. This equates a lot of saving (from falling down, putting everything in the mouth), and a lot of tantrum negotiations, and then when the Kindergartner comes, the whole dynamic shifts and despite his help, it's a tad crazier because sibling rivalry suddenly begins
*I'm still in my pajamas and I'm exhausted despite baby getting back to only waking twice a night
*my meds might need adjustment 
*our landline quit working because the main phone base was dropped and now none of our phones will connect to the phone line, and I think we threw out the old phone I could just connect to the jack itself. 

What I should be thinking about:
*a weekend away
*my blessings

I'm not having a good day. I seriously want to crawl back into the covers and stay there for about a month. But it will pass. It will because it always does. Because it has to. Because it will.

So. Quotage:

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." ~Robert Louis Stevenson


No comments: