Monday, November 21, 2011

Thirty Five Years of Awesomeness

Brandon turned 35 yesterday! In honor of him, here are 35 reasons why I love him:

1. He introduced me to Thai food. And Indian food. And really awesome Mexican food. And calamari! (He and his companion used to catch squid on their mission and make their own calamari. Cool, eh??)
2. Brandon has the best smile lines next to his eyes.
3. His taste in movies and music.
4. How he looks in a suit and tie. I'm blushing just thinking about it!
5. How much fun he is with our kids.
6. He loves me. And forgives me. All the time.
7. I love how he gets obsessed with things and then moves onto others when he's learned the new thing "well enough."
8. His testimony of the Gospel.
9. His elevated palate for really good food.
10. He loves to travel as much as I do!
11. His blue eyes.
12. His love of animals.
13. How he can do most things well, even if he only does them once every few years (i.e. scuba diving, skiing, laundry -haha!).
14. His amazing genius mind (he's seriously the smartest guy I know).
15. His willingness to always serve others (helping move, service projects, anything his calling or the Church asks/requires).
16. I love how he's allowed himself to improve and change, even when it's been hard for him (mostly character traits).
17. I love his big hands (his wedding ring size: 13!)
18. His love of hiking/camping. Even with slow people like me.
19. I love how he's accepted my family as his own and loves his family fiercely (almost protectively).
20. His gentleness with our new babies, but his rowdiness with our older kids.
21. I love him for loving our date nights and always planning them.
22. His quirky love for Peanut Butter m&m's, diet coke (although we don't buy any for the house), BYU football, Republican candidates, nachos, homemade Thai food, chips/salsa, hoodies, and constantly being connected to "the Internets."
23. How much we have in common.
24. His laughter!
25. His kindness in overlooking a lot of my "failures" as a homemaker and wife. And I really don't believe it's because he's just "dealing with it" --I think it's because he understands and he truly loves me.
26. How he loves to hold my hand.
27. I love him for always trying to improve himself --whether academically, spiritually, or physically (this year he graduated from Wharton with his Exec. MBA, went on a Pioneer Trek with the youth, and did his first triathlon).
28. His laid back personality --it takes a lot to get him riled up!
29. I love how he eats whatever I cook for our dinner, even if it's awful, awful, awful. :)
30. He only cries when he's really overcome, and I can count on my hand how many times it's been. But each time, I've loved him more for it (ones I can share: when we married, when our first child was born).
31. His willingness to participate --and mostly lead! --family scriptures, family prayer, and FHE.
32. How he loves our children and spends time with them; how he takes them with him when he performs service (raking leaves, setting up chairs every Sunday morning, etc.).
33. His awesome musical skills (the first thing I loved about him!). He's an accomplished pianist, sings, plays the guitar, and harmonica.
34. His beautiful face.
35. "If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." ~Michel de Montaigne

Happy 35th Birthday, Brandon! I love you with all of my heart.

{Photos below are just some random ones from my phone}

1 comment:

Amanda D said...

I love peanut butter m&ms and diet coke too. I haven't had the m&ms in months though. :)

Happy birthday, Brandon! Hope it was a great one!