Monday, April 04, 2011

Bonjour, April

Conference was, once again, fantasmical! I loved it all. Even the whiny, rowdy kids who kept me from watching it in peace. I especially loved Elder Bednar, Elder Scott, Pres. Uchtdorf, and Pres. Eyring. What was your favorite talk on Sunday?

-------------
I joined Weight Watchers. It had to be done. I decided that if I get preggo whilst-a-watching-my-weight, then so be it. But until then, I am going to do all that I can to lose this baggage!

I truly believe that journaling my food intake will help. I'll still eat the GOOD foods that I know are better for me (and forget the processed junk and artificial sweeteners!), but at least this will help me to track it. Plus, weighing in each week helps, too, eh?

Yes. It does.

This morning, while walking, I noticed that my asthma was really, really bad. Combined reasons why:
1. I ate a meat-lover's pizza on Saturday. Not the whole thing, hello! Just some of it. In fact, I had a massive headache within hours of eating it, too. The only thing that made it go away was some herbal tea and rest.
2. I had a lot of dairy and I made a TON of whole-wheat cinnamon rolls (with butter). I ate way too many.
3. I had so much cheese. So. Much.
4. Slightly colder weather. But not enough to be a problem; I'm usually okay unless it's literally frozen outside.

And today, I'm paying for it. My asthma is awful and I know why. So! This morning was green smoothies, and off we go with some more veggies/fruits/nuts/seeds/legumes. Bring on the quinoa, baby!
---------------------

I got an iPhone! Can I just tell you how wonderful it is to have a phone that is RELIABLE!? I have only had 2 cell phones in my life. Once in college (totally old school flip with an antenna) and then my last one, which I got in 2007. My latest one was a joke --dropped calls, texts coming days after people sent them... it was frustrating. So, I was over-joyed when Brandon got me a phone that not only works, but won't cause me stress! Huzzah! It's also nice to be connected to the internet pretty much anywhere, too.
---------------------

April is Child Abuse Awareness Month! Go here and learn how you can help prevent abuse and protect your children.
-----------------------

We fixed the cat situation. Brandon bought a cat door to replace our other cat door and only Kaz can get in and out through a magnetic thingy on his collar. It's working great! All the greedy neighborhood cats have tried to get into it and they can't. But Kaz can! Huzzah! No more strange animals in my laundry room! However, they are still pooping in my garden. I need to fix that, next...
-----------------------

I love my Savior. That is all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Pres. Uchtdorf. There were a lot of good talks in the Sunday a.m. session. I missed a lot of the afternoon session because our internet was spotty. Saturday a.m. session was good, too, but Sat. p.m. I mostly just heard my kids running around yelling.

Jocelyn said...

You're gonna love your iPhone.

I loved conference so much. I especially loved Elder Bednar, Elder Robbins, and Elder Holland. And President Monson. Each of them either gave me a gentle nudge in the right direction or reassured me that the promptings and insights I'd received in the past few months were correct and of God. I loved 'em.

We're trying to figure out a dog door situation for our house. Don't know what we'll do. I love that people invent cool things that make life so much easier, though!

I didn't make cinnamon rolls because I knew they'd make me have a sugar crash (the number one reason I usually fall asleep during conference sessions...). We did have a MUCH bigger than usual breakfast on Sunday morning, though, and I ate too many pancakes with Buttermilk Syrup and I felt pretty dang sick all day. I've been feeling sick (stomach flu bug of some kind) all weekend into today, so it really didn't help matters much.

FluffyChicky said...

I think that I am going to steal that magnetic collar thingy idea and use it for my kids...that way only MY kids can get into my house instead of every blasted kid in the neighborhood coming in and out on of my house on the weekends! Grr.

Amanda D said...

Did you join WW online or meetings? I've been doing the meetings since September and the difference in me is huge. What are you thinking of the program since last time? It's changed. I read on a blog this morning about a woman that put cooked quinoa in her smoothie. Ever tried that? How about oats? I've never tried that either but have heard of it a few times lately.

Glad to hear that you got the cat situation taken care of.

Conference was wonderful. I love my savior too. :)

Unknown said...

Conference *was* wonderful! So many awesome talks!