Monday, February 01, 2010

Patiently Waiting Patiently

I did something I swore I would never do: I have put Pull-Ups on #4. During the day.

I said something I swore I'd never say: Yes, you can have another snack.

I wore something I swore I'd never wear: Sports Bras are more comfortable, anyway.

I ate something I swore I stopped eating: Truffles rock, man.

I am doing something I swore I could never do because I'm not strong enough: I'm waiting patiently. Patiently, patiently, patiently. I'm waiting as if I have never waited before and this new sensation is something akin to poetry (or a miracle?), because I am not a patient person.

Really.

I make decisions. I make them fairly quickly and pretty deliberately. After I have made said decisions, I make a plan. I plan and plan and plan and plan and then! I do the plan. I am a getter-done type of gal. If I were a word, I would be a Verb. I do not like to wait around for the sake of waiting around. I don't like to wait around for the sake of getting a really good answer, either. And this, dear reader, is the problem sometimes. Sometimes we NEED to wait around for a really good answer. Sometimes, the waiting leads us to a really superior answer. Other times the waiting around creates the amazing answer. And even on occasion, the waiting around IS the answer.

So, I am waiting. As patiently as I can. And when I know the answer, dear reader, I will tell you the answer. If there is one to be had, of course.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you.

If I were a word, I'd be an expletive.

JK, it really hasn't been that bad of a day.

Grandma Rozla said...

Good for you - But wait - what is it that you are waiting patiently for? Or maybe we aren't supposed to know that :) Good luck. It feels so good when we can wait it out patiently. Doesn't happen very often for me but I love it when it does.

Annette Lyon said...

Of course truffles rock.

But I don't know that I'll be patiently waiting to find out what YOU are patiently waiting for.

Alison Wonderland said...

We've all done things we swore we'd never do. It's good for us, makes us humble. So that we can wait patiently. How fun.

Marianne said...

1. Pull-Ups are a great invention...day or night.

2. Extra snacks make little people happy...thereby making Mama happy.

3. Bras...schmaws! No judgments here! Wear whatever works for you. ;o)

4. Truffles...Mmmmmm!

Patience is a virtue...that I struggle with daily! I'm feeling you on this one. Good luck waiting!