Hey, hey! So, I was totally expecting to gain weight this week. Stomach flu is over, but exercise and eating right was still a tad off. But lo and behold, I lost! Woot-woot!
I lost only 1/2 a pound, but I'll take it! My goal for next week is to be out of the 190's. Think I can do it? I do! I can do it, I can do it, I can do it, I can do it...
Brandon lost THREE pounds! He is doing awesome.
Okay, now you people:
- Aunt Kathi: My guess is that you are not eating enough. You probably know all this, but if we don't eat a certain calorie amount each day, our body will actually hold onto weight because it thinks we're starving. But you rock at the working out! You'll get it, I'm sure. How did you do this week?
- Judi: Therapy ROCKS. I won't lie to you --I think everyone should have therapy. Even me! But I have a tip for you: Gum. Sugar-free gum. Grab a piece every time you feel like munching, even if you end up chewing gum all day! It helps me a lot.
- Dianne: I blame mine on the "whatever week this is" curse, so you're good! I'm sorry about your grandmother. That's hard. And yes! Cleaning the house is definitely aerobic-related. :)
- Kimberly: 5.2 in two weeks!? That is amazing! How did you do this week?
- evitafjord: Water is so important, so yes! Drink water. I think it helps with almost everything --skin, hair, digestion, etc. Did you lose any weight this week?
- katelisa: It's totally normal to be in a funk. It's totally normal to hate the scale, too! But don't give up --weigh in today and tell me what it is. Even if it's bad news, it's still important to stay accountable. One thing I've learned through all of this is how easy it is to just give up. We get to the point where we feel like we can't do it, or we're failing, and so we just throw our hands up in the air and yell 'it's not worth it!' when in reality, it is worth it. So, don't give up!
- TaLaisa: See my comments to katelisa. And you rock. And did you lose?
- Desi: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
- Julie: I hope you lost an ounce (or more) this week. Did you?
- Cardalls: I love the grey team, too. They are so real and work so hard.
- Wow. I have a new-found respect for stubborn Miggy. Surgery? And still losing 5 pounds!? She is amazing. Amazing.
- I was so sad that John went home. I wanted the red team to go because of all the drama they've caused. At the same time, however, I know how she felt when she made it out of the 200's. It is such an incredible feeling!
- My favorite part of the entire show last night was when purple (dang, what's her name?) had all those people running for five minutes. When they did it, and Sunshine was all crying because she did it, and they were all amazed at themselves, I seriously started crying myself. THAT'S what this show is all about! Not the immunity or the drama or the voting --it's about realizing we can take control of our bodies and our lives and accomplish great things.
Thoughts on Weight Loss this week:
- Follow this mantra: IF IT'S NOT IN THE HOUSE, IT WON'T GO IN MY MOUTH! Seriously, stop buying junk. If you have it in the house, you will eat it. Stop pretending you have self-control. I had to! I can't have it in the house. Because of that, I actually threw out some chocolate truffles the other day (the rest of the bag). Did I waste some money? Probably. But do I feel awesome now? Yes!
- Chew gum and drink water. If you don't like gum, then suck on a mint. I promise that not only will your thighs thank you, but so will your friends. Because your breath will rock!
- It's February, the month when all weight-loss resolutions go flying out the window. Don't be a statistic! Keep trying. Keep working. I didn't get any exercise in last week because of the stomach flu, and it's been hard for me to get back into it, but I'm not giving up, and neither should you. In fact, I'm very seriously considering signing up for a 5K this summer. Maybe even a 10K. Maybe.
- I keep remembering THIS. I have to. Because I remember so clearly how good it felt. I want to feel that way again!