Monday, November 02, 2009

S-T-U-F-F

Halloween Pictures. And a video!
What was I? Don't ask. I'm not even sure myself. All I know is I scared quite a few kids with my sincere smile.


-----------------------------
STUFF:
1. My nephew was blessed yesterday --it's always so much fun to see family!
2. Lots of resumes sent, connections made, and a couple of interviews held. No job offers, yet. Soon! Hopefully soon.
3. The girls need new socks.
4. I gained 4 pounds this month. ACK!
5. The saying "Cleaning a house while kids are living in it is like shoveling snow in a blizzard" is not only true, it is NOT FUNNY.
6. Phone calls with important boss-like people and 2-year old tantrums do not mix.
7. I have three new favorite blogs. Letters (which I've talked about before), Pushin' Up Vaiseys, and My Little Thoughts (both by high school friends of Brandon's, although I had a class with Rebekah at BYU). The first blog is just fabulous. Fabulous! The last two are hilarious. Hilarious! Go and read. Thank me later.
8. I'm reading Bram Stoker's Dracula for book club. I wanted to finish it on Halloween (how cool would that be?!) but it was not meant to be. What surprises me is that I've never read it!
9. Now that there's a possibility we could move due to a job change, I have decidedly fallen in love with where I live. Figures.
10. I shall be accompanying Brandon to the Bay Area on the weekend of the 14th. Two full days with only #5 and my hubby --please forgive me while I do the happy-monkey dance.

And you?

8 comments:

Alison Wonderland said...

Well, I'll happy monkey dance for you I guess. I don't get away from the parasites until January. January! It's so freaking far away.

And you don't want to move to silly old California. You want to move to Salt Lake. Hey, the house across the street is for sale... (I know you don't want to live in my 'hood but) I'm just saying.

Amanda D said...

Cute Halloween kids!

Good luck on the job hunt.

My kids (and me) need new socks too. But I don't feel like
spending money on those things.

I'm off to check out the blogs.

And I'm hoping you find a job in the NW.

Stephanie said...

I'm with Alison on the SLC thing. There's GOT to be a good job here. :)

Love the costumes!!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

The video is awesome, your cameo is my fave part. :)

Anonymous said...

Mom looks fantastic. FAN-TAS-TIC.

I've never read Dracula either. You'll have to tell me if I should.

I want video of the happy monkey dance.

Courtney N said...

Haha the kids are adorable!

Susan M said...

They are supercute.

Huntington Beach is a nice place to live. :) Actually, that's the motto of the town next door. "Fountain Valley: A Nice Place To Live." Who on earth thought that was a good idea?

Rebekah V. said...

Hey! Thanks for the shout out! If you guys don't have arrangements for a place to stay we have a little guest house out back and I would LOVE to have you. I am trying to make the east bay your next home:)