Friday, October 30, 2009

Perchance to Dream and Halloween

I've been having some pretty messed-up crazy dreams lately. The freakiest part is how real they seem. So real, in fact, that sometimes during the day I have to sit down and ponder whether I actually had a conversation with somebody, or if I dreamt it. This morning, I woke up positively convinced that not only did I forget to send my kids to school in their Halloween costumes, but my husband was livid with me for speaking my mind towards a family member.
It was trippy.
The funny part is that I could easily forget to send my kids to school in their Halloween costumes (not that they'd let me forget) and I could easily speak my mind. All of these dreams I keep having are actually possible. They are manifestations of how I really feel inside, too, but I don't let it out because of my desire to have some form of tact and civility.
I think I may have to mention it to my psychiatrist this afternoon. Could my meds be causing the trippy dreams? I'm thinking, yes.

Speaking of dreams, here's a dream come true. I can't believe he's already 3 months old!


-------------------------

Halloween Costumes:
#1: Native American Princess (she did the whole costume by herself!)
#2: Medieval Princess (although she wanted make-up like a fairy-princess)
#3: Magician (so excited to have a rabbit hiding in his hat! And thanks to m&m for the costume loan!)
#4: Darth Vader (Thank you to Liz for letting us borrow it! It's fabulous.)
#5: Puppy (again, thank you to Liz!)
Me: No idea. I'll think of something.
Brandon: Nothing. He's at school and won't be back until the whole trick-or-treating is over.

Here's a picture of the three oldest in their costumes this morning before school (and #4 in his awesome T-rex pajamas):

I'm sure I'll have awesome photos for you tomorrow night during the trunk-or-treat.

What are you gonna be for Halloween? What about your kids? Have any crazy dreams lately?

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Magician! Why didn't I ever think of that?!

They all look adorable.

And I don't dream much. Thank the heavens.

Judi said...

I love the costumes! Brian is going to be a rapper/ganster type guy, and Gio and I are bags of jellybeans!
I never remember my dreams....
See you at Trunk or Treat!