Friday, April 10, 2009

I Stand All Amazed

I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.
I tremble to know that for me he was crucified,
That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.

I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine,
That he should extend his great love unto such as I,
Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.

I think of his hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt!
Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
Until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet.

Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me
Enough to die for me!
Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!

Text and music: Charles H. Gabriel, 1856–1932



I know that my Redeemer lives, dear reader. I love Him --and my gratitude is indescribable.

Have a Happy Easter!

5 comments:

Amanda D said...

Wow, thanks for sharing. That is pretty powerful stuff.

sariqd said...

I have been trying to comment on your blog for days now - guess on a cellphone it won't work. Rather than go to each of the postings and comment, I hope you'll accept this one sentence as a representation of what I think... "You're an AMAZING WOMAN." Truly. You still keep putting one step in front of the other. Even when it might hurt, be scary, be confusing even. You still KEEP keeping on. Thank you for sharing!

Cheryl said...

sariqd-
Holy cow! Thank you for such an awesome compliment. I appreciate it a lot!

Judi said...

Cheryl,
The best talk of conference. Thank you for sharing your testimony with us and for helping me to feel the spirit on a day when I needed it most.
Have a wonderful Easter and enjoy the weekend with family and friends!

Alison Wonderland said...

Sariqd's right, you can't comment from an iTouch either.

Oh, she's right about the other stuff too.

Happy Easter.