Wednesday, April 23, 2008

How can I have this much stress already?

Lest you people think my life is all charmed and what-not, with my fab photos of my awesome hikes and my upbeat posts about losin' loads of weight, I have here, for your viewing pleasure, a list of things stressing me out to the max:
  • My awesome parents are coming tomorrow night and the house is still in disarray.
  • Our cat thinks it's important to mark his territory here in the basement. We've already cleaned it once, so he made sure to mark it again. Luckily there are web forums discussing this problem and I'm breaking out the oranges ASAP.
  • This dang weather is making me angry. It's almost May, people, and what, we finally have a high of 65 degrees today? What is this, Utah or something?!?! Oh, yeah...darn it...
  • I still have the entire office to unpack. Papers to rifle through. My books are in 30 boxes. How can I survive without access to my books? And when do I have time to do this?
  • We haven't even started on our master bedroom, yet. Our boxes of clothes and dressers and our bed are all in different rooms in the house. We're sleeping on our mattress on the floor. Rah, rah.
  • Brandon is gone on business. It's okay during the day, but in the evening it's just not any fun without him.
  • I'm still trying to figure out a routine. #1 starts school at 8:40AM, an entire hour later than she did in CA. #2 only has preschool twice a week, rather than 3 times a week --and I haven't started piano lessons, yet. Oh! If those near me need a piano teacher, I'm starting next week. Or the next. And I need to find some kind of activities for the kiddos. Like dance, or choir, or sports. Perhaps I should look into it. Yes, that's another thing. I need to look into stuff like that for the kids.
  • I need to fix the phone, the trash cans (our renter's got rid of my recycle and green waste cans and got two more garbage cans. I'm so angry! How can I recycle without my recycle can!?), take down more wallpaper, clean the bathrooms, finish folding laundry, do the dishes, get the guest room ready for the parental units, make a dr. appointment for #4 (a well visit), read my book for book club, start on my 3rd weight post, clean the kitchen desk, dream about new appliances, and go outside and walk around before I go absolutely crazy.

Other than that, life is...okay. Could be better, but man, it sure could be worse! And all I can say is thank goodness for blogging, Jane Austen movies, and baby hugs.

6 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Phew, thought you were living in Happy Valley for the last few posts! Smile here...
How did your Master Bedroom stuff end up all over the house with your packing system????? I hope you get that together soon!
Thinking of you.
Gosh, would we be help or hinderance if we made a day trip down there to help? By we, I mean me and my 3. Think about it...I'm pretty good at arranging books on shelves! That's a serious offer, but not if it would be more of a hinderance than help.

Cheryl said...

Ahh! I wasn't more specific. When I say we didn't start on the Master Bedroom, that meant we haven't started Painting and re-carpeting, yet. No worries, all the stuff went where it was supposed to. We were just hoping to be more on top of the renovation stuff by now...

You coming to visit me, Julie, would be simply wonderful. Wonderful! I haven't seen you in so long! Yes! Come! But not yet...because the parents are coming. I'll email you later...

Grandma Rozla said...

Sounds like you need a vacation Cheryl - or maybe just some quiet time - a long bubble bath maybe :)Enjoy the folks. Tell them hi for me! I miss your mom :)

Lizzie said...

My sister in law asked her blog a few weeks ago if anyone knew a piano teacher, because she wants to start taking piano lessons. She's a busy college student, though, and she lives in Lindon, so I'm not sure if she'll want to drive down to provo, but I'll ask her.

Jolene said...

good luck with all you have to do! I think visitors are double edged sword. I hate all of the cleaning and preparing but then it is such an awesome incentive to get all of the cleaning and organizing done! My husband knows that if company is coming the house will be spic and span - that is why he always encourages his family to come and visit.

Amanda D said...

Go Cheryl, Go Cheryl, Go Cheryl! I thought maybe you needed a cheer-leader. You have a long list of to-do's, but remember that some of things are less important than others, and you have lots of time to get stuff done!