Sunday, June 17, 2007

And Here We Have IDAHO...!

That's right, folks, I'm headed back to the homeland! The kiddies and I (along with my SIL and nephew) are driving to Idaho tomorrow morning. We'll be spending a fun-filled week with my sister, brother, parents, friends, and hopefully several members of the BHS Class of 1997! Our ten year reunion is this weekend, and since a friend and I are in charge of the whole thing, it's important that I be there (and finish all the crazy details we still have to do! ARRRGH!! I'll be glad when it's finally over... :) It's a good thing DH is flying out to attend it with me, since I've assigned him on as cleaner, setter-upper, decorator, and photographer).

So, I may be on hiatus for a little while. I'll let you all know how it went when I get back. Or maybe, if I have some down time, I'll write something from the fabulous Snake River Valley as I eat my yummy russets, smell the scent of cow manure, see the stars shining so brightly every night and hear the roar of the pickup trucks as they pass by on their way to Firth. Man, I can't wait! Seriously, I can. not. wait. I love Idaho!

6 comments:

Rochelleht said...

HAVE FUN!!!!! My 15 was a few years ago and it was a total blast. IT was so fun to see everyone. Since my parents now live in Rigby, it's not often I go to Blackfoot, so it was a real treat.

I loved your tribute to your dad. I always remember him as being very sweet and quiet. I LOVE seeing pictures of your mom. What fun!

Have a great trip!

flip flop mama said...

Have fun on your trip!

Unknown said...

Ahhhh, Idaho. I did time in Rexburg and one of my best friends from my freshman year (Lisa Smith)was from the thriving metropolis of Firth.

Have FUN!!

Christy said...

I am pretty sure that my heart is in the shape of IDAHO...I love it! I hope the reunion was a success, I was for certain that it was pride days weekend, so I was up there then...but we had other plans for this last weekend. It was sure good to get your comment...Where in California are you? Oh man I love that state as well :)

Anonymous said...

Have a fun time at your reunion! RochelleT is one of my favorite people and tells us stories of Idaho all the time. You guys have a blast quoting Napoleon Dynamite all weekend.

Cheryl said...

amber-
I love Firth! How fun you know someone from there (since there's only about 438 people).

Rochelle-
It was fabulous to be back! I'll write about the reunion soon...

jamie-
thanks! Hey, isn't it your turn to write? :)

christy-
Yay! You found me! Next time I think we'll try to make it around Pride Days. We hadn't thought about that, but it makes so much sense! My mom got your wedding invite...it is awesome!! I'm
so excited for you!

laurie-
Hilarious! We actually commented at our reunion with all of our non-Idahoan spouses that Naploean Dynamite totally reminded us of high school. So funny!