Wednesday, October 25, 2006

College Days

Almost 6 years ago, DH and I graduated from BYU. #1 was born 6 days earlier. And yes, I still walked! In my very own ceremony. I didn't want to be like those other wives that jump on the tailfeathers of their husband's graduation ceremony. Nothing wrong with it, I guess, but he didn't earn my degree! I did! I wanted my own ceremony, thank you very much!

Anyways, I really miss college. Not necessarily the demanding time --but the learning I did. The friends I made --the activities. Mostly the learning, though. I had some incredible experiences that have stayed with me --and frankly, anything I can remember at this point (after being pregnant 5 times) is quite the miracle. Most of it was from my major.

I used to feel bad that I didn't cut it as a music major. That somehow, I was less of a person. But as I've gone through my life, I realize that the most important things I've taken away from college come directly from those MFHD (Marriage, Family and Human Development) classes. I don't regret majoring in it anymore. I'm not ashamed of it. I'm glad that my college education prepared me for my roles as wife and mother. Of course, I always still tack on the fact that I minored in music. ;)

Anyways, I miss college enough that I'm thinking about going back for my Master's Degree. Not yet, mind you, but perhaps within the next 10 years or so, I might be your local Marriage and Family Therapist. Hmmm...that would be really cool....

No comments: