- After vacuuming the living room carpet, I got out my "spot-shot" and went to it. Now the carpet no longer needs to be cleaned. Wait, scratch that. Now the carpet no longer looks like it needs to be cleaned.
- I did 8 loads of laundry
- I vacuumed behind all the couches in the basement (family room and play room!)
- I helped the kids clean the playroom without too much yelling --I really was patient and I was surprised, but there was no "daddy will be here soon!" deadline to convince them to work faster (and myself). I figured we get done whenever we got done.
Yes, this sounds pathetic, I know. (DH is gone for a week and all I want to do is clean?)It really is, but I've realized something. MY HOUSE IS CLEANER WHEN DH IS GONE! Every weekend, my home looks like a war zone. By Tuesday, I'll actually let the VT in again. But come Sunday! I've tried to figure out why and I came to these conclusions:
- DH really doesn't like to clean (who does??!?!)
- I would rather spend time with him than clean
- He would rather spend time with me than clean
Makes sense to me. But it's still hard. I'm positive that all of the Scout leaders in our ward think I am the messiest woman in the world. They only show up on weekends. Why can't they be here now? Huh??!??! Oh, yeah....Scout Camp. I wonder if their wives are cleaning, too....