Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The smell of death

After a fun-filled day with whining children, my sister, her son, me, and my children came home from our day at the park and shopping at Costco. I happily and busily started putting Costco things away, and headed down to the deep freezer to put away the chicken strips (grilled ones --awesome, awesome chicken), burritos and bread.

There, in front of the utility room door was cat throw-up.

~sigh~ Well, can't be too mad at the cat for his throw-up. At least he didn't poop there. No biggie, I thought --I'll clean it up in a minute. Then I open the door to the utility room and smell death. Literally. DEATH. It was a foul, stenchy odor and I thought "Oh, great! The cat pooped in here!" Wait. How did the cat get in here? Something's wrong....and then I opened the deep freezer door.

Oh, yes. Death.

The stench was rotting meat. The freezer was WARM. No, not cool, not even cold. WARM. AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Somehow, it had come unplugged.

Thanks to my sweet sister for helping me clean the junk out. Thanks to DH for not being too upset about losing the steaks we forgot were in there. And thank goodness, oh, thank goodness! for Lysol disinfectant household cleaners.

No comments: