Saturday, March 18, 2006

Spontaneous weekend

Thursday night I decided I wanted to go away. Not far, but have a few days away from home and just do something spontaneous.

So, Friday morning I packed the kids and our stuff in the car and we drove to Logan. After spending a few wonderful hours with my sister and her husband and my adorable nephew, my sister packed her kid and their stuff in my car and we drove to Blackfoot to visit our parents. We had a great time, the kids were SOOOO excited to see Grandma and Grandpa, and of course, my sister and I had a good time eating free food. :) We left today around 2:30PM and so in the course of 48 hours, I drove for a good 7 of them. Ahh, but the mountains were beautiful and so was the good ol' Snake River valley.

We got home in time for dinner ---DH had cleaned the house ("Poomba" does good work!) and ordered dinner. But he is sick, and now I know why I'm feeling the beginnings of a sore throat. Let the sickness begin again!!

But all in all, it was a nice few days, and it was so wonderful to just up and leave for a while. DH had so much work to do, that he hardly noticed we were gone, so it was a positive for both of us. I think I need to be more spontaneous sometimes. I plan my life too well sometimes, and the best times I have are when I just say, "Hey, kids! Let's go do this!"

No comments: