Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Hating blogging today

I hate the whole blogging thing now.

If you are completely honest with yourself and with the people you blog with, then there will be major trouble. I thought, seriously! that by blogging I would not be able to insult or hurt people because we can't see each other --we can't judge each other. But I was wrong.

Please see: www.talesfromthecrib.blogspot.com and go to the one "The Friend goes Freaky".

What sucks is that carrie and todd are my aunt and uncle. By marriage. And what's worse is that they are 10 billion times smarter than me. And better looking. And geniunally nicer. Oh, and successful. Hmmm..for a comparison, they are diamonds and I'm cubic zirconium. Is that how you spell zirconium?

Anyways, I think I hate blogging now. Because that was something I wanted to avoid. I hate confrontation. And it really wasn't that big of a confronatation! Yet I'm here! Crying! Typing this blog and wondering what my problem is that I could get so upset over something so silly! I guess it's worse because they are family --but they are IN-LAW family. The worst kind. The kind that don't have to love you. The kind that are forced to try to like you.

I hate people hating me. Or lecturing me. Or telling me I'm wrong. What I hate even more is finding out that I hurt someone. Especially if I didn't mean to.

~sigh~ I'll get over it. I'll be back to making comments again. But I'll sure think twice before I make a comment that actually DISAGREES with the post. So much pressure!!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Todd-
You are so awesome. Thanks so much for thinking about me. I talked with Carrie on the phone (which I'm sure you know by now) and we resolved everything. But what you wrote above was wonderful.

I have this problem --that many of my family members can attest to --of "freaking out". And since I'm so new to this blogging thing, I forget that you can't assume what the other person is feeling or how they are reacting based solely on what they are saying. Carrie helped explain that to me very well.

However, now that all this overreacting is said and done, I'm feeling quite sheepish...embarrassed, really. ~sigh~ Oh, well! I've learned a lot and the best thing I've learned is that Uncle Todd and Aunt Carrie love silly Cheryl. :)