Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Spring is in the Air

General Conference was wonderful. So wonderful. Everything about it, from the cinnamon rolls (in which I didn't add enough flour and they ended up becoming monkey bread, but they still tasted great, so who cares?) to the Sister missionaries visiting us on Sunday, to watching the Priesthood session with my husband in our living room, to watching the kids color, to all the yummy food and the insights gained and the spirit in our home --it was just fantastic. I have so much to review in the next six months! 

My favorite talks were Elder Holland's, Elder Hale's, Elder Bednar's, Elder Oaks', and Sister Reeves'. And my second favorite were all the rest. 

What was your favorite? Go here to read or watch all of them! 

--------------------

I have been rocking it the last two days! 

I cleaned out the game closet and organized and purged. 

I finally unpacked the office/guest room in anticipation of my parents' visit next week and organized and cleaned. Then I bought some dressers and some lamps for the room off of Craigslist, and I am picking up a bed tomorrow (what would any of us do without Craigslist!?). 

I went visiting teaching.

I started filling out our last will and testament (no judging on the procrastination!). 

I started (and finished!) our taxes this morning. 

This afternoon, the kids and I are going to clean the yard.

What's next!? Ooh, probably Easter preparation/lessons... 

I'm proud of myself for tackling these tough jobs and for staying on task until they were done. I hope I don't lose steam for a while and will continue to get important things done around here. 

(What has caused such motivation? Could it be due to the higher dosage in medication? Possibly. Probably. I don't really care what has caused it. I'm only glad it has been caused.)

-------------------------

We've had consistent 55-60 degree weather days around here, lately. The daffodils are blooming all over the township (literally, thousands of them). They are everywhere, in yards, all along the sides of the roads, planted right into the grass! It's so fun to see them all blooming as we drive around. 

I love Spring. Not as much as I love Fall, but pretty close. I love that the kids are playing outside, that there is more day than night, that the trees and bushes are starting to bud and flower. Spring is spectacular! 

April is such a wonderful month to me, too. My oldest child was born in April, and when it's combined with Easter and flowers and sun... well, there you go! So much joy, hope, and happiness. 

It's safe to say that I'm feeling good today. I hope you are, too, dear reader! 

2 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Springtime and motivation...I love those too!

Amanda D said...

I love spring too. Especially with all the nice weather we've had the last week or two. Wish I could see the daffodils! It sounds beautiful!