Tuesday, April 29, 2014

3. My Baby is a Teenager!

On Monday, April 21st, 2014, our oldest child turned 13 years old. Isn't that insanity?! I have a teenager!

I swear it was just a few years ago that she looked like this:




But now she looks like this!


We had a low-key day because the weekend had been so full of activities. In the morning, my parents and I took #5 to preschool and did some grocery shopping while the rest of the kids (who were on their last day of spring break) just lounged around the house. The rest of the day was lazy, with just laundry and vacation prep (for me) going on.

For dinner, Brandon and I took #1 out for dinner to Ruby's.




Then it was home for cake and presents! She wanted a donut cake and her gifts included just three things: permission to start a Facebook account, loads of clothing/shoes, and a cell phone (I guess if you count cards and packages from grandparents, then it's more...). Yep! A cell phone for my little (big!!) girl. We decided she could handle the responsibility (since she's incredibly responsible) and so we changed our minds about waiting until high school. She was so excited! Thrilled, really.








We sure love you, #1! You're a joy in our lives and we're grateful you came first. You are a wonderful example to all of your siblings and you have made us so proud! Love you forever!

Next post, vacation to St. John! 

2 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

#1 is such a sweetie, and she's rockin' the Katniss braid! Happy Birthday Awesome #1!

Julie Allen said...

She is so darling. I bet her YW leaders just adore her. Happy birthday!