Friday, May 25, 2012

School's Out For the Summer!

Well, today is the last day of school. Next year, I'll have a 6th grader, a 4th grader, a 3rd grader, and Kindergartner. That will leave me at home with a 3 year old and a baby. I love that our Elementary school is K-6. So convenient! How did they know I needed that? So kind of them.

The big difference is that our 4th grader will be going to CAS (Center for Accelerated Studies). Luckily for us, though, it's an extension of our elementary school, so although they meet about a mile (probably less) down the street, they have the same principal and such.

Plans for the summer:
*Canada! Yes!
*Lake Lopez!
*Plant a small garden
*Teach the kids how to work MORE (we've been slacking since the baby was born)
*Lots of hiking and hopefully some more camping

What are your plans, dear reader?

I put this quote on my Facebook wall the other day. I have always loved it, dear reader. I'm lucky enough to have some friends like this, and I pray that you do, too:
"But oh! the blessing it is to have a friend to whom one can speak fearlessly on any subject; with whom one's deepest as well as one's most foolish thoughts come out simply and safely. Oh, the comfort - the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person - having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness blow the rest away." ~Dinah Craik, A Life for a Life, 1859
And then I put this quote on my husband's wall because it sincerely made me think of our relationship (we do finish each other's sentences. Even more, we finish conversations throughout the day and don't have to remind each other what we're talking about):
“In the end, I think the relationships that survive in this world are the ones where two people can finish each other's sentences. Forget drama and torrid sex and the clash of opposites. Give me banter any day of the week.”
― Douglas Coupland
What I'm loving lately:
*Quotes
*Baby coos and smiles
*Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
*Baby sleeping until 4AM every night!

What are you loving?

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend, dear reader! We're hoping for some hiking and good food. What about you? Oh, and to stick with my quote obsession theme, here's a great quote for Memorial Day:
"I have never been able to think of the day as one of mourning; I have never quite been able to feel that half-masted flags were appropriate on Decoration Day. I have rather felt that the flag should be at the peak, because those whose dying we commemorate rejoiced in seeing it where their valor placed it. We honor them in a joyous, thankful, triumphant commemoration of what they did." ~Benjamin Harrison

1 comment:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I loved all of those quotes. Every single one rang true for me. You just rock. And speak to my soul. Love you. :)