Friday, January 13, 2012

Today Happens To Be Friday. The 13th. I Keep Forgetting.

The toddler is sleeping and the preschooler is drawing pictures of fish as per my instructions (in order to get him to forget how much he wants to play the Wii). The older kids will be coming home from school in about 20 minutes (early out every Friday). I really should be cleaning the kitchen and folding the laundry and washing the windows in the empty room that is to be painted next.

I'm 34 weeks today. I just realized that if I go into labor in 2 more weeks, there will be no reason to stop it from happening! Two weeks. Two weeks. Two weeks. Of course, that's assuming I'd GO into labor in two weeks, and we all know that never happens. (Knock constantly on wood.)

This is a new territory for me, dear reader. I've only "gone into labor on my own" once. Only one out of five. Ironically, it was my first baby! My water broke on my due date (not the doctor's due date --I was going by my own calendar, not his). It was actually very, very nice! No questions about contractions --my water broke. Off to the hospital we went!

Funny how if my water broke this time, I'd just hang out here until the baby was born.

The other four times were inducements. I was loaded up on tons of pitocin. I gave birth unmedicated with them, anyway (the second by accident).

This time, there will be no inducement. No pitocin! Can you imagine how great labor and delivery will be for me withOUT pitocin? I mean, I figured it was a piece of cake (hard still, yes) before, but this should be nothin'! No pitocin! None! Just me!

I'm a little giddy at the thought.

Brandon has been in Texas all week. He's finally home (although he's working late tonight) and I'm looking forward to this weekend. Date tomorrow, no school on Monday, our anniversary on Monday...

I still wish I could express a coherent thought without wincing in agony. My brain is so tired, dear reader. Didn't I say that a few days ago? Yesterday? Tomorrow? Probably. I keep writing these posts though so I have some semblance of a journal to give to my kids someday. I can just imagine their faces looking through one of these blog posts -- "Mom wrote a LOT about her period." "Holy cow, is she complaining about me again!?" "Mom was weird."
Although I do hope there's a couple of "I'm so glad mom wrote about her depression; it's helped me with mine!" and "mom was so witty!" Not that I want my kids to have depression. You know what I mean.

Well, I better sign off. Please have a fantastic weekend, dear reader! I'm teaching about the Tree of Life on Sunday, so I'll leave you with these awesome words:
"And the angel said unto me... Knowest thou the meaning of the tree which thy father saw? And I answered him, saying: Yea, it is the love of God, which sheddeth itself abroad in the hearts of the children of men; wherefore, it is the most desirable above all things. And he spake unto me, saying: Yea, and the most joyous to the soul."
1st Nephi 11:21-23

No comments: