Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Shortest Day of the Year, Thank Goodness. For Many Reasons.

Happy Birthday to my brother-from-another-mother. You would have been 31 years old today. I wish you were here to celebrate it with your wife; I wish you were here, period.

---------------------------

Hello, Christmas vacation! I'm glad you are starting this afternoon, but I am also feeling a bit woozy from making sure I've got everything done. I'm pretty sure I do. Let me think:

*All neighbor, primary teacher, visiting teacher, home teacher, school teacher, piano teacher, great-grandparent, grandparent gifts done! Wrapped! Finished!
*All children's gifts done (thanks to my awesome sister for watching my kids)! But not wrapped.
*All Christmas parties over! Finished! White elephants done!

All I have left, I believe:
*Deliver all those gifts
*Wrap all children gifts
*Make sure we have the food for the weekend (Christmas Eve dinner, Christmas breakfast, Christmas dinner)

It feels nice, Christmas vacation. I think I might be able to squeeze in some more awesomeness because I'm so close to being finished. We might make it to Temple Square to see the lights!

--------------------------

What are your Christmas Eve traditions? Here's what we usually do:

Dinner
Reading of the Nativity --the kids acting it out
Jesus Stocking
Advent (I have a wreath on our table)

That's about it!

---------------------------

My brain is tired today. My body is tired. Everything is tired. So, apologies for the lame blog post, but I better sign off before I start writing things that are...well...whatever. I'm too tired to come up with the rest of that sentence. *zzzzz

2 comments:

Amanda D said...

Christmas Eve is honestly probably my favorite part of the whole Christmas celebration. We do a dinner of appetizers and snacks, and we play Christmas bingo where everyone wins a prize. The kids open pajamas, we read the bible story. This year, I am adding in Minute to Win It games and I'm very excited. Of course, we leave a treat out for Santa as well.

I wish that they put lights up at our temple. That would be awesome. Enjoy temple square for me!

chercard said...

We do the nativity with some families from our ward and we do dinner together, our kids open up pajamas, we also do the Jesus stocking, sprinkle some reindeer food, leave sweet rolls for Santa. I too love Christmas Eve most..the anticipation is so fun and exciting! I still get butterflies myself because I am as excited as the kids!