Monday, October 03, 2011

Random Blog Post for Monday, Monday, Monday

So, General Conference. Obviously, I wrote my summaries from my notes, so I won't discuss the individual talks right now, but here's the good, the bad, and the ugly from Conference Weekend:

Good:
*My kids stayed in the living room for all four sessions and LOVED my new activities for them. #2 even said, "That was the best conference, ever!"
*Brandon made amazing hash browns Sunday morning (from scratch) that were divine.
*We went to my sister's place Sunday evening for my nephew's birthday party. It was so fun to hang out with them again!
*I stayed awake for EVERY talk! I don't think that's happened for years, honestly. I took notes (thus my blog posts going up so quickly), and that helped. Plus, the kids were in the room --that REALLY helped.

Bad:
*Kids deteriorated pretty quickly; we only had a few tantrums and meltdowns and fights, but still.
*I didn't get the laundry done that I was planning on doing in between sessions.

Ugly:
*My cinnamon rolls did NOT turn out. We think the yeast was bad, and the icing was too thin, and I'm just not good at baking to begin with. I've decided to try again this week because I can't have my cinnamon rolls failure end on such a...failing note.
*Just moments after typing "Show more kindness to my hubby, kids and neighbors" on my blog post, I was yelling at the kids to "hurry up!" and "get it clean!" and "do you want to go to your cousins' house or not!?" Yeah. Go me.

How was General Conference for you?

--------------------

Head over to Diapers and Divinity today to share your GC experiences and enter in some fabulous contests! It's awesomeness over there!

-------------------

Strange, strange part of the Blog post:

There are four truths and one lie below about yours truly. Which one is the lie? If you guess it right, you get 100,000,000,000 bonus points to use for warm fuzzies in your heart.

1. I performed in a concert in Carnegie Hall (playing the piano)
2. I rode in a limousine with Ed Asner
3. I got spit in the face by a giant manta ray
4. I got stranded in the jungles of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
5. I hiked a 12,000 foot mountain. Pregnant.

Just guess. If you REALLY know the answer, don't let on, okay? I have no idea why I'm doing this --just thought it would be entertaining? For me? I mean, for you? Yeah, that's it. :)

7 comments:

Amanda D said...

LOVE how you did this. The learned/goal part of each talk. You've inspired me to make some goals.

Normally, we get conference on TV here but we didn't get the Saturday sessions so I missed them. :( Luckily, the Sunday sessions were on and we all watched.

Curls said...

I think #2 is a lie. I honestly don't have any idea which is and isn't but I randomly picked number two as the lie. :)

I HATE when something I bake doesn't turn out, it's so demoralizing. I hope the next time around works out.

Linda Liebhardt said...

My married daughter made our cinnamon rolls and brought them over to us this year. They were divine. I'd like to be able to say that she learned it from me, but 'tis not the case.
I loved conference, too, and am so impressed with your summaries and goals! Thanks for sharing how you do it.

I don't think manta rays spit. Splash, maybe, but not spit. I think that's the lie, but do tell!

Wow, you've sure traveled a lot!!!

flip flop mama said...

My cinnamon rolls were fine, but just too dry. I really dislike dry cinnamon rolls, but DH loved them. And I ate them anyway! I'm guessing #4...

Middle-aged Mormon Man said...

Easy. Ed Asner. If he had ridden with you, he would have talked about it on Jay Leno.

Jocelyn said...

I thought I had already commented on this post.

My guess is #2, although I think that would be super rad.

I am glad you had a wonderful conference. It was my favorite in a long time.

Jocelyn said...

PS, we had Rhodes Cinnamon rolls. They were delish.