1. The mountains. Seriously. They still take my breath away.
2. Mormons. I'm one of 'em. I like having them around. It means my neighbors are Mormon and the elementary school recognizes the demographic thereby planning school activities accordingly and it also means that there are Temples and distribution centers nearby. I like that.
3. Safe, safe, safe neighborhood. My kids can walk to/from school without too much fear on my part. We lock our doors, but we don't worry about intruders. The neighbors all watch out for each other, too.
4. Seasons. Four seasons. I don't like winter, but I adore Fall and Spring, and if you don't have winter, how can you have a decent Fall/Spring? Necessary evil, I guess. I mean, have you ever seen Autumn up the Alpine Loop? No? Here's a taste:
I know, right?!
5. No big catastrophic natural events. If you don't count the occasional micro burst, we (especially in the exact spot where I live in Provo) don't suffer from earthquakes (not yet, anyway), tsunamis, tornadoes, hurricanes, volcanic eruptions, floods, or lightening storms. I honestly live in a pocket of weather-bliss. If I ignore the snow, of course (ha!).
6. Easy access to the world. The interstate is 10 minutes from my house. The international airport is less than an hour.
7. Hiking, camping, water skiing, snow skiing, sports, music, art, theater, universities (I live near two!), biking, fishing, hunting, shopping, eating (seriously, we have a plethora of great food. Don't believe me? Tell me what you want, and I bet I'll find the restaurant for you in seconds, including -but not limited to - raw food, Indian, Thai, Peruvian, French, organic, and sushi), and the most amazing sunsets:
My wanderlust may never leave, but after writing this post, I'm feeling a bit better about staying right where I am (which means we'll probably end up moving somewhere, just because that's how my life rolls, eh?).
What do you love about where you live?