Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I'm Mrs. Darcy

I received a necklace in the mail today (amongst other perfectly-perfect things in a belated birthday package) which had the inscription Mrs. Darcy on it. The note which came with the necklace said:
You call yourself Elizabeth Bennett, but I disagree. I see you as Mrs. Darcy, all the heart and wit and passion of Lizzie, but a little wiser. Someone who has learned from her mistakes, who knows to look a little deeper, who can put aside pride and follow her heart. Also, some might see the "Mrs. Darcy" and think of another housewife fantasizing about the perfect romantic leading man, but it's quite the opposite --you don't have to fantasize about Mr. Darcy because you have your Mr. Darcy. It's not about wishing for something more, but realizing you have your dream come true. Also, Mr. Darcy is not perfect*, but he loves his Mrs. Darcy (in spite of and because of her flaws). He sees past the surface --sees more than others see. And he would do anything for her, when it comes down to it. So, you are Mrs. Darcy. What more could you want?

*remember sometimes he says things all wrong, but he is only a man, after all! :)
My beloved friend who wrote this is probably the wisest person I know. [I'm always overcome with gratitude and emotion when I think about all the wise friends I have the privilege to associate with, btw.] She has this ability to see the best in me, even when I can't see it, and she's always been a cheerleader for Brandon (even though he doesn't really know it!). And let's face it, the fact that she would incorporate anything Jane Austen into an analyzation of my character just proves her extreme worth (in my estimation)!

Nothing but love and gratitude for you, Bythelbs. Thank you!

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

That's a really neat description and such a thoughtful present. She's awesome and you're awesome and that's awesome. Love you both!

Unknown said...

Wow! That is one of those incredibly personal ideas that I am always so hopeful to come up with ... but never can.

Happy belated birthday!

flip flop mama said...

That about sums you up! bythelbs is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Like I always say--bythelbs is awesome. Congratulations, Mrs. Darcy.

FluffyChicky said...

Wow...Bythelbs is a great friend!!