1. I have a birthmark. Technically, I have two.
2. I really don't like celery.
3. I still bite my nails.
4. I adore the color green.
5. I don't like oysters. But I really love clams, mussels, octopus, calamari, and scallops.
6. I didn't learn how to ride a bike until I was almost 9 years old.
7. I come from a place where "burrow pit," "movin' pipe," and "bridge jumping" were common subjects of conversation.
8. I was born and raised in the same small city; I left for college and never really lived there again, and part of me is sad about it.
9. I love to visit big cities, but not live in them.
10. I have 36 inch legs, but I'm only 5'10".
11. When I was a kid, I would get so tan in the summer the neighbor boys would call me "Indian." I always took it as a compliment.
12. One of my favorite activities as a child was exploring ditches, trees, and wooded areas with my brother and his friend.
13. My hair was so long in high school, and, it being the 90's, I would curl it --it took at least 45 minutes every day to do it.
14. I have been accompanying choirs since I was 13 years old. It started in Middle School.
15. When I was 15 years old, I auditioned and was accepted by the best piano teacher in southeastern Idaho. I only lasted 3 months --I couldn't bring myself to ignore Jazz band, Marching band, choir, etc. just to practice 3 hours a day. It was a pivotal time for me; my decision to stop taking from her was a decision to basically NOT become a concert pianist.
16. My first date after I turned 16 was with my dad. We had dinner and went to a play.
17. When I was 16, I started dating a college guy who was 23. I'll have to blog about that story!
18. I was the drum major of the marching band for 2 years. Before that, I played in the pit --which means I didn't march, I played the xylophones and such on the sidelines.
19. There are times in my life I remember so clearly: Valentine's Day in 1994. My birthday in 1998. My wedding date. The days my kids were born. My first night at Young Women's after I turned 12.
20. I love the smell/taste of coffee. Coffee ice cream, tiramasu, etc. But, obviously, I won't drink coffee.
21. I broke my nose in 1998 and had to have surgery to fix it. It looks exactly the same, thank goodness! My surgeon was awesome.
22. I don't really have a favorite food anymore. I pretty much love everything (except celery and oysters).
23. Since having babies, I always sleep on my left side.
24. My feet are a size 9 1/2 to 10, depending on the shoe.
25. My right ring finger is a size 6, but my left ring finger is a 5 1/2 to 5 3/4.
26. I have very tiny wrists and very tiny ankles, and then I sort of round out in the middle. I blame genetics.
27. I'm often very blunt with people --sometimes too much.
28. I don't mind traveling long distances with my kids in the car. 4 hours, 8 hours, 15 hours ...doesn't bug me. I think this is because as a kid we would drive to Canada at least once/twice a year to see the grandparents.
29. I am an eternal optimist. If there's a will, there's a way!
30. I love jewelry, but I don't wear it much.
31. I love people and I think I will always love people. Social person, that's me!
32. I love my life. I truly have had a great one so far.
The End. :)