Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Different Kind of Father's Day Tribute

Last night, I found myself extremely emotional. My husband, finally home from a very long month of traveling (and I begin traveling tomorrow without him), held me in his arms as we both drifted off to sleep. In between that moment of awake and asleep, I was overcome with gratitude to my Heavenly Father. I can't even begin to describe my joy as I pondered my blessings. I fell asleep with a prayer of gratitude on my lips, and so today my Father's Day Tribute is for Him.

Thank you for giving me my life, my parents, my hometown.

Thank you for giving me desires to mother, write, garden, improve.

Thank you for my glorious husband and his integrity, work ethic, patience, and love.

Thank you for allowing me the privilege of raising some of your children. There are no words to express my joy!

Thank you for my home. My house, my yard, my neighborhood, my ward, my friends, my neighbors, and my air conditioning.

Thank you for my Depression. It has been a catalyst for amazing relationships, empathy, and resolve.

Thank you for the mountains, the sunrise, lilacs, birds, poetry, dancing, rivers, and quiet groves of trees.

Thank you for your Son. Thank you for loving me enough to send Him. I know I can never fully repay You for your Love.


Thank You!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Cheryl,

I love this post! I hope you don't mind if I copy the idea. It's so beautiful and perfect for this day. You have inspired me! Thanks!

You are such a wonderful and beautiful person.

Alison Wonderland said...

Dude, I'm sort of wallowing in self-pity over here and this it seriously harshing my buzz.

Leave it to you to go all truth and eternal perspectivy on me. Sigh.