Saturday, May 08, 2010

Happy Mother's Day 2010

For those who cannot have children, Mother's Day tends to be very painful. In the past I have addressed it (too lazy to put the link). Today, I want to switch that around and encourage women who cannot have children to celebrate their own mothers. Even if it feels trite. Or really hard. Or fakey-fake. Because, you see, everyone has a mother. And even if your mother was horrible, you can at least thank her for giving you life. It's kind of an awesome gift. And if your mother has passed on, go ahead and cry a little bit because you miss her. And if your mom is around, you should call her.

Anyway, I just want to say thank you to my mother. I was amazingly blessed to have her as my mother. When I take a look at my life, I know her influence helped bring me to this happiness. My love for her is never-ending. Thank you, mom. I love you!

{This was in the BYU yearbook (Banyan) back in the 70's. Isn't she gorgeous?}

No comments: