I was so disappointed that Paige and Katie made it over Lilly. In fact, I would have preferred Katelyn over Paige and Katie, too. :(
The guys? Not as disappointed, although Alex leaving was sad. The poor guy still has no confidence, but he was getting there! And his voice was really good. Unfortunately, for me, all of the guys were pretty good. So it would have been sad to see any of them go.
This has been a hard week for me, depression-wise. Very hard. I've been trying to put on a fakey-fake-brave face, all the while knowing I'm having my first "down" week in months. It's been compounded by the following:
1. A sick husband who has been studying and doing school phone calls and working long-long hours.
2. Being sick myself (just a cold).
3. Going on (and then off) Wellbutrin.
4. A baby who will NOT sleep at night. Who will not do the Ferber method, or the sort-of-Ferber method, and needs to be cuddled and nursed to sleep. In fact, I should move this to number one because sleep affects my depression immensely, and after 8 months of this, I'm starting to break down. Luckily, I have a sympathetic friend who has given me the name of a book that should help me. It should be here soon. I'll let you know how it goes!
5. Feeling stress over finances, budget changes (good ones,though!), the garden thing, and house projects.
6. Five gorgeous, whiny, fun, bickering children. And their homework. And piano lessons. And chores. And stubborn personalities. And feeling outnumbered. Which makes sense.
What I've Done to Combat It:
1. Consistently taking my meds
2. Long, hot showers
3. Not feeling bad for taking time "off"
4. Realizing what is going on and removing the stress
5. Trying not to berate myself for still not having a therapist (although I need one)
It's still cold outside, but the sun is shining! The last time we got "moisture" it was rain! Not snow! Could Spring really be coming? Could it?!? I can't wait. I can't wait for flowers and gardens and the farmer's market and hiking and camping! Huzzah!