Summer is having a contest! Go here to enter.
I was tagged by my adorable new SIL to share some quirky things about my quirkiness and quirky thinking. Since I'm all quirky and what-not. Or something quirky like that.
The rules: I'm supposed to write Six quirky things about me and then tag a few other bloggers. Easy enough, eh? In fact, now that I think about it, I might have already done this before. Ah, well. Who wouldn't want to know even more quirky things about yours truly? That's what I thought (and holy cow, reading the word "quirky" over and over is so weird. Isn't it a weird word? Quirky, quirky, quirky...). Oh, and a million bonus points go to the person who can tell me what movie the title of this post came from!
Here are my quirky quirks:
- If I have a guest in my house, my entire routine is blown. And not just my cleaning routine; my thinking routine, my bathroom routine, my cooking routine, my child-disciplining routine --everything. Totally shot! I can't think the same when people are in my house because I want to be a good hostess. I know others suffer from the same thing, but this is not just physical; it's psychological. It doesn't help that I love having guests over. Actually, maybe that's the quirky part?
- I relay future scenarios in my mind. If this happened, what would I do or say? And then what would I do or say after that? Yeah, sometimes it's just to prep myself for a difficult discussion with another person; sometimes it's as tragic as the death of a family member (or spouse. Ahem.) and I have to plan out the next 5 years. Sometimes I will actually have a conversation out loud while I'm cleaning, dressing, doing my hair, etc. Yeah. It's weird. But you always have to have a plan, right? Right? RIGHT!?
- When I clean the house, there is always a Jane Austen movie playing in the background. Always. Sometimes there's a Jane Austen movie playing in the background when I'm not cleaning, too.
- I care waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy too much about what other people think of me. As I've gotten older I've gotten better, but I still care. Even random strangers on community blogs. I don't think it's so much that they have to "like" me --I just don't want them to think I'm stupid. At these times, I'm usually channeling Elizabeth Bennett. If you can repeat the quote I'm thinking of, you get another bazillion bonus points!
- I tend to space out sometimes. Even in the middle of a conversation --I just get to thinking about what the person has said and it will be up to 10 or more seconds before I realize I wasn't paying attention to the rest of what they were saying. I always feel so bad when this happens, but I can't seem to help it!
- I have a hard time following a recipe. It's not that I can't --I just don't want to! I tend to change things around and because of this, I've messed up a lot of dinners. However, I've also discovered some pretty good stuff, too, so, you know. It all evens out. Sort of.
Do you have any quirks that you're just dying to share? Good! Share 'em! It's nice to know I'm not the only quirky person around here...