- Deciding to leave at 3:45AM on Thursday morning got us to Lethbridge (Alberta) in time for the family dinner at Dynasty (a Chinese restaurant) with family members.
- Enjoying time spent with my sister's friend (who came with us), which provided me with a rare glimpse into the amazing culture of the Filipino people, and taught be more about grace, maturity, respect, and admiration than any sermon I've ever heard.
- Stopping on the way to see Rozla in Montana! Whoo-hoo!
- Getting my passport stamped for the first time at the border in Coutts and wondering why I had never done it before.
- Attending a session in the Cardston Temple Friday morning instead of the sealing (Short reason? Too many siblings on the groom's side makes it hard to include cousins in the small sealing rooms. No worries! There were no hard feelings. How could there be?).
- Playing on my Great-Grandmother's grand piano that now sits in the Cardston, Alberta Old Courthouse Museum.
- Experiencing the grand and wonderful traditions of a first-rate Mormon Canadian Wedding, complete with programs, dinners, dancing, tributes, responses, and lots of tinkling glasses.
- Supporting my cousin who is an only child, so cousins and friends are her "siblings."
- Dancing like I was 16 years old to some pretty great music.
- Watching my parents dance like they were 16 years old to some pretty great music!
- Seeing my cousins in a way that reminded me what it was like when we were children (i.e. laughing until we cried and goin' all nutso).
- Learning that although my sister and I get into the dumbest, heat-filled fights, I really, really, really love her and enjoy her company.
- Realizing that driving 12 hours, each way, to a one-day event is totally worth it when the children are at home livin' it up with their daddy (i.e. they went to a Bees baseball game, an EQ picnic, the library, and the Old Spaghetti Factory. Without me! *sniff).
It was awesome. Here are some pictures of the blessed event:
And a video of me playing my great-grandmother's piano:
P.S. Notice the new header? I took that picture last week; a lady in my ward who knows of my depression crud brought me some beautiful purple tulips and I had fun playing around with the zoom on my camera. Also, I decided to put my picture with my profile. Not sure if it'll stay for very long, though...
P.P.S. What did you do this weekend?