- My children found a butterfly this afternoon. After hurting it's wings on accident, it died. My children then proceeded to make "Be Nice to Bugs!" signs, stand in the front yard, and wave them at passing cars.
- #1 got gum in her hair. After I explained to bythelbs on the phone (this morning) that my children never get gum in anything. Sigh.
- It's amazing how quickly you can get things done when you need to get them done. Laundry? Half-done! Oh. I guess that's not technically done. Close enough!
- I had three piano lessons cancellations this morning, but one make-up lesson this afternoon. I have decided that my children see piano lessons the same way they see the phone, someone at the door, chocolate, and gum. In other words, piano lessons are like flames to the obnoxious little moths. I swear.
- Yesterday I bought a swimming suit. For the first time in...forever, I actually enjoyed the process. I got myself a Tankini and I could shop in the Juniors section. Sweet Day!
- Tonight I'm shopping with my SIL and my sister (maybe a cousin?) for some "bridesmaid dresses". I say "bridesmaid dresses" because we are not technically bridesmaids for our future SIL (this August), but we're all going to wear matching colors. As in Pink. Pretty Pink! I'm actually very excited. I don't get to dress up in pretty things much anymore.
- #4 is progressing rapidly. He now says: outside, water, dada, mama, chair, down, and other random babbling.
- Last night we got together with a few of Brandon's cousins; Aunt Carrie (and clan) were in town, so we had a barbecue and a nice swim. I got to try out my new suit, and I was pleased with it. I mean, as pleased with a swimming suit as one can get, right? We had a great time. Totally worth the 30 minute drive!
- My foot has fallen asleep. I need to adjust.
- Brandon is going to PA the day after I get back from Canada (he has to go for business). Kind of lousy, eh? That means I will see him for about one day in the next 14. Sigh.
- I think that's all for now. Sounds like there's more laundry to do! (Happy, Happy. Joy, Joy.)
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Okay, maybe I do have time to blog...about random things...
I lied. I have some things to tell you, dear reader: