Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Items of Business (or is it pleasure?)

Montana Grandma (my buddy, Rozla) has been making some amazing bags and book covers. If you are interested, she's selling them! Go HERE to see more.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Motherboard is having a birthday! And because of that, she's holding a give-a-way. Go here to enter.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Summer has given me another award. She's too good! But this award has more to do with spreading the awareness of organ donation.


The rules of this award are: SHARE THE LOVE!!! Share this award with all those blogs out there that you love. All the people who make you smile. All those that make you laugh. All those that make your day. All those that leave uplifting comments on your blog.
**All I ask, is that you include a link to this post with the award and ask your recipient to do the same**
So, people, if you are on my Blog roll (see my sidebar), then you have been given this award. I love all of your blogs! Take this award and pass it on. Spread the love!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Many of you may know Never a True Aggie (i.e. Katie). She's a friend I met during our year in CA. Anyway, her mother has written a book and her husband illustrated it! Here it is:

Go and order yourself a copy. Doesn't it look fabulous and funny?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Funny Story! Sort of:
#2 got a fever sickness thing yesterday afternoon, and by bedtime, I could she was in a bad way like the boys had been over the weekend.
Around 10:15PM, I gave her some Children's Motrin. Then Brandon and I settled into our bed for some much needed sleep.
About three moments before we fell asleep, the door creaked open. I saw #2 and could tell something was wrong. I looked up at her, held out my hands and said "What's wrong sweetie?" and she proceeded to puke all over my hands and the floor next to the bed. And my cell phone which was on the floor next to my bed (see, if you can remember, dear reader, our room is still in a chaotic state, and our lovely and wonderful mattress is on the floor. Yes, we're sleeping on the floor, so-to-speak. Sigh.). Brandon got the towels, I cleaned up the puke while he cleaned up the child.
As I was washing my hands, I asked #2 if she knew she was going to throw-up when she came into our room. She just looked at me and nodded. I explained that next time, she really should think about puking in the toilet instead.
Sigh.

10 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Thanks for all the info. Rozla's bags are so cute!

What a puke story. Why do they think of us before the toilet?

When will that sentence ever be appropriate again in my life?

Never A True Aggie said...

Thank you for the plug. Thank you. Ugh, Puke! I hate it. AND it never fails, the kids always come to MY side of the bed. I recently drilled it into the kids heads that if they have to throw up, run to the bathroom and scream MOM! I will come and help them. Actually, this last time, Liam did pretty good and made it to the toilet. Sorry about the mattress. Our Mattress has all these water spot stains from 1) leaky breastfeeding boobs, 2) kid throw up, 3) kid pee. It is embarassing. Actually, we are getting rid of it when we move in 3 years.

Anonymous said...

Augh! Puke on chaos is the worst!

None of my kids can make it to the toilet to throw up. They prefer to do it on carpet. The last time my oldest was sick, I spread sheets all over her bedroom floor, just in case she threw up in the middle of the night. It pretty much stopped her from throwing up, because where was the carpet?

"You can't go to school naked"--I'm sure I've said that more than once in my mothering career.

flip flop mama said...

Ahh, puke! Whey can't they make it to the toilet!?! I love the title of that book. I'm totally considering it! LOL

Leslie said...

Hey...when am I going to make it onto your sidebar??? You know I'm just teasing...right...Cheryl...right?

Sorry about the...unfortunate event. ..Ah the things that a mother's hand holds. :)

Anonymous said...

How many times have you washed your hands? Yikes, yikes, and more yikes.

My kids have gotten much better at puking in the toilet over the years. Thank merciful heavens.

Cheryl said...

Leslie-
AHHH! I totally put you on my sidebar. I'm glad you said something! I just assumed you were already there. :)

Lizzie said...

You can tell #2 that even Lexie, who is only 3, knows to go to the toilet to puke (if she has enough time). Of course, she learned by watching me do it a good number of times when I had morning sickness...

Courtney N said...

EW PUKE!! I was in Provo visiting my old college roommates a few months ago and my friends dog totally puked on me!! It was so sick... I screamed... ok it was sick and kinda funny : )

FluffyChicky said...

I hate puke! My kids puke often (they have oversensitive gag reflexes). They do it so frequently that by the time they each reached the age of 2, if they were going to puke, they knew to run to the bathroom and to do it in the toilet. The doctor keeps saying they will eventually outgrow it. The boy is going to be 7 next month and the girl is going on 4...they could outgrow this at any time now. :) I feel your pain about the puke in the bed/all over your hands...N.A.S.T.Y.