Who is Amanda?
Mother, wife, daughter, sister, friend, cosmetologist, reader, creator, and blogger.
How do I know Amanda?
You know, I can't even remember! I know she started writing comments on my blog posts a while ago (before she moved to Oregon? Maybe right after? Amanda, help me remember!). But she was sweet and sincere in all her comments, and I was grateful to have her around. We have emailed each other and keep up with each other pretty regularly, and I can't wait to meet her in real life one day! Her emails and comments always make my day. She's wonderful.
What is it about Amanda that inspires me?
- First off, she's a great friend. She cares about the things I am doing in my life, she asks about them, she comments about them, and she's always quick with kind words. She is so kind and sweet and sincere --so sincere --and that makes for such a great friend, not to mention just a great person. I consider myself lucky to have her as my blogging buddy!
- Scrap booking! She has an amazing talent for scrapbooks. Every Sunday she does Sunday Scrappin' (I think she got the idea from another blog and started doing it on her own) and shows the things she's worked on for the week. This is so inspiring! I wish I could just hunker down and do my scrapbooks when I see the things she has done. But, alas, I haven't been inspired enough, I guess. Sigh...But she's so good at it! Her photography skills are awesome and her books always look so nice.
- Hair: I always wanted to be able to do hair. You know, cut hair, dye hair, style hair --and she does! She graduated from cosmetology school and I find that so admirable. You see how creative she is? Photography, scrap booking, hair, etc. Is there anything she can't do? Nope, because she also enjoys...
- ...Reading: She is always reading a book. Good books, too. When I look at her lists of books (located on her side blog) that she's read, is reading, etc., I feel inspired to just pick up the books and start reading again! How she keeps up with her 3 kids, her blog, doing hair (which I don't think is full time right now...?) her scrap booking, and her reading is beyond me. Beyond me! Oh! And if that wasn't enough, she's a movie buff and watches loads of movies every week, too. I'm all about the TV and movie-watching, so I love that about her as well. All of these skills she has, and the time she creates to accomplish these things just blows my mind! Which brings me to the next thing that inspires me...
- ...Her patience. Seriously, she exudes patience. Even in her blog posts when things aren't going well, I can sense this calm side of her that comes out in her emails even more. I think this goes along with her creativity, her kindness, her friendship, and her mothering. For those who are not aware, Amanda needed patience when trying to complete her family, and that patience paid off in a beautiful, beautiful way! She's just a patient person. Right, Amanda? Well, I think you're patient. And in a good way, too. :)
You're the best, Amanda!