Okay, here's my take on everything:
- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For: Okay, I'm a HUGE U2 fan, so when I heard he was singing this, I was not happy. At all. Bono is a freakin' genius with his own music, and it's some of the hardest stuff to duplicate. But I have to give David props because he really did a decent job. But it was still kind of "eh" for me, because I couldn't help but compare him to Bono. Sorry, David! I couldn't help it.
- Dream Big: I would buy this single. I would. It was very, very good! Maybe it helped that I had never heard the song before (or any of us, for that matter), because it was great to hear something that David Cook would be selling. I liked it. A lot!
- The World I Know: I thought this was a great song, and a great performance. I would probably buy this re-make, too. But it was the wrong song for the finale of American Idol. Come on, David! You know that! The only saving grace was his pompous "I didn't want to do something I already did." Sure, David. That's fine. But David A. did, and that's why he's gonna win.
- Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me: Like Paula, I got goosebumps! He did a good job just singing it out --and it wasn't cheesy, either. I really loved it!
- In This Moment: I don't know why the judges hated these new songs (like David Cook's), but I loved it. The melody in the chorus was just beautiful. Here's a shout-out to the composer! Anyway, once again, David just did a phenomenal job! He was flawless. Flawless.
- Imagine: Not as good as when he did it in the Top 24 weeks (which week was it?). I think that is because first, it's not "new" anymore and couldn't take us by surprise like it did when he first did it, and second, I didn't like the runs he added. I wished he had kept it as pure as the first time he sang it. But still, it was awesome! Sorry, David Cook. David A. blew this one out of the park.
Who will win this whole competition?
Who predicted David A. would win back in the Top 24 before anyone could even vote?
That's right, folks. I'm what you can call a "Pop-Seer". I can see into the pop culture future. Okay, maybe I'm just an American Idol Seer. Because that's the only place my powers exist. Ha!
What did you think? Who do you want to win? Did you vote?