Thursday, April 24, 2008

Stop punishing the victims! Oh, and some puke...

The whole polygamy thing is just whacked. My opinion? Give the kids back to their mothers and arrest all the fathers. Who are they trying to punish? Obviously, they want to punish the victims, since the women and children they are trying to save are the ones suffering far worse now...seriously, it's so dumb.

My friend, Seth, has written a fabulous blog post about America's disgust with Mormons and their history of polygamy. It's awesome. I wish I had written it myself. Go check it out.
---------------------------------------------------------

#4 has the same bug #2 had last week. But his stomach is not like iron --luckily #1 and #3 have the iron stomachs. Yes, dear reader, I have been up all night and running around all day doing laundry, cleaning carpets and floors --I just hope the puking stops soon. What's amazing, though, is my awesome skillz at recognizing the pre-puke sound. I seriously rock at catching puke now. And I change clothes and clean it up without even batting an eye. I'm either getting really good at this, or I'm just too tired to care.
--------------------------------------------------

I might be AWOL for a few days whilst the parents are-a-visitn'. But watch for Spotlight Sunday and How I Lost the Weight: Part III.

8 comments:

flip flop mama said...

My heart aches for all those women and children separated. I hope they get it worked out soon and the families reunited. Although did you see that the call was most likely a hoax? Crazy people...

Cheryl said...

Jamie-
Yes! I couldn't believe it. That one prank call could destroy so many lives...it's crazy! I don't agree with the FLDS way of life, but holy cow, you don't rip children away from their families like that over one phone call.

Anonymous said...

I'm still laughing over your title.

Give the children back to their mommies, for crying out loud.

Phooey on puke--hope you've seen the worst of it.

Cheryl said...

Yeah, I'm pretty clever, eh? :)

Unknown said...

You are right on, and your friend wrote a great article, and I agree that he should submit it as an editorial. Yuck for the puke, I am not so good at cleaning it up, I gag right along with the kids.

Anonymous said...

I don't like puke. I hope it stops soon, like already. May it be a distant memory by the time I hit "send."

I'm disturbed by the YFZ story, too. Totally out of control government overreach. Yikes.

Amanda D said...

The problem with arresting all the fathers is that who is going to provide money. And I must say, I am not sure that the mothers can handle it. Especially if some of these child-bearing age girls are having their children taken away and raised by other women. I hope that there is an solution, but I am afraid it might take awhile. I feel bad for all involved on one hand, but on the other... And who cares how they dress? I am glad that the media doesn't get a look at me in my raggy sweats and t-shirt. I'm on my way to read your friends post now.

Have fun with your parents! Hope the kids feel better soon.

Never A True Aggie said...

Hola. I agree with you. The children should be with their mothers. It's like if my brother molested his kids and the state took the whole extended family away. It does not make sense. From a social work point of view, I am not sure how they did it. It is actually really difficult to keep a child away from their family and you have to have pretty good evidence. I have mixed feelings about the FLDS and other plural groups.