Saturday, August 26, 2006

My busy life will begin again...

This week has been filled with several preparations. Let me elaborate in numerical form (which tends to be the best form of organization my brain will allow):

  1. Next week, piano lessons will begin. If all goes well, I may have 16 students --and one voice student...
  2. I am still the Primary President (not like I was expecting that to change...)
  3. I am heading up the committee for my 10 year class reunion...
  4. The day after Labor Day, #1 will begin her quest into the Public Education System. She will start Kindergarten, and thus begins the endless stream of school days...
  5. I have decided to start a Preschool for #2 and #3...

The preschool comes from need. 2 years ago, I did a "joy" school with some friends; we created our own curriculum, took turns teaching, and planned fun and inexpensive field trips. It was majorly successful, and we loved it. It lasted a good year or so, and so I thought "hey! Let's do it again!". However, when I tried to get something together...well, let's just say it was not as successful. So I planned on putting #2 into a local preschool run at our high school --something simple for 3 year olds. A lot of local mommies put their kiddies into it, and it was very cheap. Well, they raised the age.

Thus began my idea and within 24 hours, I had it all set. Preschool for 2 and 3 year olds for my neighborhood to be taught twice a week, complete with field trip days. I wasn't anticipating the HUGE support and response I recieved --I now have 10 children (not counting my own). But that was solved with mother volunteers. My curriculum is just about done --I'm getting excited! Oh, and I am charging money, of course. But it's a total steal. $20 a month. Serious! Everybody thinks I'm too generous, but I'm not licensed, so I feel bad charging more. Besides, the real motivation is to have a good reason to teach my own children. Yes, them being my children is NOT a good enough reason. Hey! I've got 3 kids, one on the way and I get lazy with strict education, okay?!?! ANYWAYS.... :) :) :)

It's going to be a busy year for me. I'm just grateful that I thrive on stress and pressure. I've said this before (so many times, I'm forgetting when and where) that when I have 12 hours a day to get stuff done --NOTHING gets done. But if I have 2 hours a day to get things done, then EVERYTHING gets done. Don't ask me why or how....it's just one of those mysteries of my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and here I'm just enjoying my nice semi quiet life with my two kids. Emmi started preschool and she's loving it and i'm loving having one kid home in the morning for most of the week. Thought about babysitting other kids but it's just not me and it would have to be some great money for me to change my mind. You go girl!