Thursday, May 18, 2006

10 POUNDS!!

I have done it. I have lost my first 10 pounds since starting WW 4 weeks ago.

Okay, well, it's 9.8 pounds. But still!

I could not come down from my natural high last night. My clothes are getting loose. My garments are getting loose. My bra is getting loose! (okay, well maybe not that loose). I was wearing a shirt that actually flattered me. And I think I might even have a waist!

J and I are planning our next goal: A 5K run at Thanksgiving Point on June 24th. It's the Running With Angels 5K --a FABULOUS book that was my inspiration for starting this healthy journey. I haven't actually run since the 8th grade. Seriously! But we are making slow progress and we decided that a 5K is doable (it's 3.1 miles) versus a marathon or something. :) So, wish us luck on that!

I'm just so happy. I can't believe how healthy eating, exercising each day, early rising, sharing thoughts and feelings with a good friend, and having DH's unwavering support would give me such a high. Such a feeling of overwhelming accomplishment, joy, and satisfaction.

Mom was right. I just wished I had listened sooner.

3 comments:

tamrobot said...

I got part of your presents today - I got the candles and I love them - them match my place perfectly (and they smell good). Congrats on losing 10 lbs! I've gained 5! I'm convinced its muscle but who knows. Good luck with your 5K. Did I tell you I'm doing the St George Marathon in October. I know I'm crazy, but I really think I can do it. I love running, although running this much makes me eat every carb in sight!

Anonymous said...

Way to go!!!!!! That is such a huge feeling of accomplishment! Just wait, as you keep with it, you'll feel better and better and it'll get easier and easier (at least that's what I hear). Ten pounds (or even 9.8) is awesome!

Cheryl said...

tamrobot-
You can TOTALLY do a marathon! I think you'll be great. Just keep up your training and you can do it...

jan-
I'm hoping that the next time you see me, I will be 1/2 a person lighter! That's the goal. It isn't easy, but it sure is worth it...