Saturday, February 11, 2006

Those Sweet Endorphines

Endorphines are a beautiful thing!

I have been exercising faithfully for 1 1/2 weeks now. Not long, I know, but it's good for me! 45 minutes every morning before the kids wake up, in the dark but warm basement, with the cat watching me and DH upstairs doing work and reading. I like the feeling of sweating like a pig while I do yet another set of lunges. Or another set of side crunches. Or an intense cardio work-out. I love the way I feel when I'm done.

It took me a good 18 months to get to this point. The point of STARTING. I'm on the path to a thinner, healthier me. Hopefully to feel as good about my physical body as I did the summer of '99 when I was working in the mountains with young kids, running, hiking, swimming, and being the peak of health.

The endorphines are the best part, though. Okay, okay, I'll love my new body when it slowly emerges from this other body, but the endorphines are totally addicting. I am HAPPIER. I yell LESS at my children. I have more PATIENCE. I SING more, and I DANCE more, and I'm not concerned with negative things. I'm OPTIMISTIC. All these wonderful things that I used to love about myself are slowly starting to come out of the woodwork and I know my kids love it, too.

Ahh, sweet endorphines. You gotta love it! (And that 45 minutes all to myself where I can actually think!!)

No comments: