Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Fingers to Keyboard

Right now there is a thunderstorm raging outside. I'm listening to my Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart radio station on Pandora. #6 is eating Cheerios with almond milk, #5 is at preschool, the older kids are also at school, the cat is sitting quietly behind my head at the top of the couch, and I'm pondering.

What makes a real friend?

How has social media helped us and destroyed us?

Do I really have more faith than fear?

There's nothing really that profound going on around in my brain --just the normal ramblings that occur each time I try to write my thoughts down. Pen to paper, fingers to keyboard... you know the drill.

I've been accused twice this week of supporting gay Mormon youth suicide because I don't agree with SSM. Strange, this is, considering I've been suicidal for two decades, myself, and how devastated I was at my brother-in-law's suicide. Specifically, I've also been accused of hoping people who support SSM will leave the Mormon church. I find this strange --this idea of me being so hateful --because I simply don't think that way. I may not agree with SSM, but I certainly don't hate those with SSA! But then again, come to think of it, these same people have accused the Church's leaders (some of the kindest and most loving men and women in the universe next to Christ) of the same thing. So what do I expect? I guess it's a compliment to be lumped in with such incredibly loving people.

Sigh.

Did you know that Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No.1 in B, Opus 23 is divine? (It's playing right now.) I've loved it since I was a little girl. Listening to Classical music always makes me happy. Which reminds me --I forget how amazing and complicated and soothing the music is when you hear it live. I think that's the best way to enjoy Classical music, if I'm being honest. Sitting in a concert hall, everybody riveted in their seats, watching musicians showcase their skill, the feel of the music on their faces, the movement of their bodies as they coax beauty from their instruments... I love it. If you think attending a Classical music concert is boring, dear reader, then I wonder if you have ever really been to one. You should try it! It's an art I hope will never die.

Speaking of death, my Grandma (how I miss her) would have been excited for these Olympics. It looks like the Canadians might take gold in Curling! That was one of her favorite sports to watch.

And speaking of the Olympics, how about that Noelle Pikus-Pace! Wow! She's amazing to me. Mother/wife first, Olympian second.

Watching Noelle's videos on how she would work out with her children near her has given me some thinking to do. Perhaps I should re-think this whole "exercise can only be one way" excuse I've been hiding behind for so long. Hmmm... But I'm going to fix my brain first before I start making huge goals and set myself up for failure. It'll make my brain worse.

Speaking of brains, I'm grateful I married such an intelligent guy. Seriously --the kids are lucky to have his genes, simply so they can pass math!

And that's all I've got for today, dear reader. Brain dump finished. Love to you and yours, and I hope your day is pleasant! 

1 comment:

chercard said...

google walking off the pounds by Leslie Sansone. I have started doing this and have lost a few pounds and more importantly I feel great. They are 20-30 minute low impact workouts that anyone can do at home. I watch them on youtube and do them in my bedroom while my kids watch PBS kids. That is my kind of workout