Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Moving. And Dancing.

The ideal: find a house to rent by next Saturday, sign a contract, have a move date. Hire the movers --nothing breaks or is stolen. Sell the house within the next few weeks; no hang-ups, a smooth transition. Be in our new home in PA by mid-October-ish.

Reality: Probably not that stuff. 

I already took a trailer of things to DI (Deseret Industries) and a trailer of things to the dump. I have friends/family watching my littlies so I can purge and clean and do the things I need to do in order to make the move less stressful crazy when it comes. We're fixing some household things and I've already had two showings with four more interested/planning on coming. Plus: soccer, piano, homework, chores, football games, church activities, and the baby has a small cold. 

Man, I'm tired. 

Brandon starts next week and will fly home weekends until we move. 

Our ward has been fantastic in helping us, although a lot of them have expressed their sadness at seeing us go. I appreciate that, too! Can you imagine if people were happy to see us leave? Well, there might be some (seriously, not everybody likes everybody, eh?), but if they are happy, they have been nice and quiet about it, thank goodness. 

So, most of our lives have to do with the move right now. Just getting ready and thinking ahead. 

But I do have a fun little thing to share with you. Remember how I shared that we had performed our own lip-synch parody thing to Mormon Daddy Style at Aspen Grove? Well, we decided to reprise it at our big ward picnic last Saturday. We remembered to get it recorded this time!!

Here we are in all our glory! 


3 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

PEnnsylvania rules! And you are going to LOVE IT! It's worth the sacrifice! Good luck!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

That is the cutest video I've ever seen! Y'all totally rocked!!

Amanda D said...

Love the video! You guys are so cute.