Moment this morning: I was brushing #2's hair into pigtails (per her request), #1 was practicing the piano (Beethoven! She's getting so good!), #3 was finding his shoes, #4 was getting dressed, #5 was asking me questions, and #6 was rolling toys down the hallway.
Family issues are hard. Very hard. I won't get into it, but sufficeth to say, family issues are hard.
Aaaaand my husband is my hero. A rock. Truly one of the best men that has ever lived. He is charity personified and I feel blessed to have him as my eternal companion! Seriously, I'm getting all emotional as I write this. I truly love him so. very. much.
Happy Pie Day! Or Pi day. Whichever is the most accurate. #1 is having a pie party in math class today, so I dropped off a pie. Homemade? Yeah, right! Who do you think I am? It's totally store-bought and loaded with chemicals that will probably kill all their brain cells. Because it's processed. You know. Made with ingredients that didn't exist 50 years ago. Sigh, sigh.
I picked up a few poison pies for us, too. Might as well. It's not like I'll actually make any, you know?
It's that time of year (again. Because it's been at least 3 months since the last time!) when I want to move to a colony and start my own hippy life! I hate GMO's, the FDA, and my food addictions. Good news: this fire lit under me (wanting to be a hippy) means my garden will probably get planted this year. *fingers crossed
I'm exercising now (hour of walking --with stairs! --and riding a mile or so on my bike to pick up #4 each day) and I feel the desire to make green smoothies again. No promises!
I lost 2 pounds this week! Then I gained them back. Hmph.
Trying to decide what to do for the kids' Spring Break. I have many options:
1. Stay home
2. Go somewhere else.
3. Stay home
Hmmm. Reasons to stay home:
1. My aunt/uncle/cousins will be down from Canada and staying with my sister.
2. My grandmother might be at my parent's house, and that's probably the only place I'd go, and grandma is wonderful and I love her, but she is very old and doesn't do well with little kids underfoot, anymore. She wouldn't be able to enjoy her trip and I'd be all stressed out.
3. We could organize the house! Woot-woot!
5. Brandon has a mission reunion, but it's not until the Friday, so we could go somewhere and then be back in time, though...
Reasons to leave:
1. I'm itching to take the kids to Idaho again.
2. I want to see some friends.
3. Brandon might be away on business that week, anyway.
4. It's fun?
What are you doing for Spring Break? Do you ever do anything?