Friday, March 01, 2013

Dreams

I had a very vivid, realistic, crazy dream last night. It was crazy because it will never happen. It was realistic because it could happen (but won't), and it was very vivid simply because I woke up confused, thinking it had happened. It involved people I love, people I've never met, and people I haven't seen in decades. Needless to say, it left me very disconcerted and I've been thinking about it all day.

I've heard of people who receive personal revelation through dreams. I have a little --I dreamt of two of my sons years before they were born. But the Spirit usually doesn't speak to me through dreams or visions. However, when I remembered how I dreamt of my sons, I thought, "could this be revelation?" Ehhh... I doubt it. The fact that I'm really confused about it probably means it's not, and yet a part of me still wonders...

Have you ever had literal night dreams come true? Have you received personal revelation through dreams? If it isn't too sacred, could you share?  

4 comments:

Julie said...

I don't think I've ever had a dream come true like that. But I have received revelation in dreams. I don't want to write it out here but if you remind me ill tell you an experience next time we e together.

Avtar Ram Kaur said...

My mom is a dreamer. She will often get important information through her dreams.

I can only think of one dream of my own that was definitely revelation. My oldest was 4 months old, and I dreamed that she was a toddler and I was holding an infant boy. I even knew his name in the dream.

I woke up in a cold sweat, I must say! I didn't feel ready to even consider getting pregnant again, especially so soon. And then... four months later I got pregnant. No period in between pregnancies, either!

We named our son the name from my dream. :)

John said...

Back in the college days I studied for my heart anatomy test in my dream. There was this 3D heart all labelled floating on a black background and I went over all of the parts in my dream. When I woke up, I pulled out my book and knew every part and got 100% on my test without any real studying.

I dreamt about my 2nd daughter before she was born. It was a very detailed dream and it was revelation.

Then I have those dreams where my husband does something that makes me angry and I wake up feeling mad at him when he really has done nothing-- not revelation, but still impacts my waking life.

Unknown said...

I dreamed once that a tidal wave came and took our family. I woke up with that awful feeling you get from a nightmare...went back to sleep. Then I dreamed the same dream again EXCEPT we had our 72-hour kits, grabbed them, left and were all saved. Needless to say, we did 72 hour kits in RS over the next several months because of that dream. I was RS pres or something like that at the time. We were living in HI and Tsunamis were a real threat and possibility. And this is Linda, NOT Eric. :-)