Monday, June 25, 2012

Perceptions

Well, there's nothing like a week of shattered perceptions. It's so easy to become trapped in my own little world, that I'm grateful when the Lord shows me glimpses of life outside the walls of my own mind.

Today, my dear friend is having surgery to remove cancer (cancer that they originally thought wasn't there).

A few days ago, Brandon raced out to his cousin's house to help pack up her six kids and important papers, etc. because of a fire 1/2 mile from her home (and her husband was out of town).

All weekend we've been watching my friend's son (he's so sweet). This was so she and her husband could get away for their anniversary, where, hopefully, her very sick body (pregnant sick --she's so violently ill) can enjoy the time away.

My sweet friends are FINALLY pregnant after years and years of fertility treatments --hooray!

My cousin made awful choices that ripped his family apart and left his now ex-wife and three kids alone. All for "love." Ugh.

I found some long-lost friends on facebook --it's interesting and fun to see where people have ended up in the their lives, how their individual experiences have shaped them.

Jerry Sandusky was found guilty. Justice is a good thing and when it works right, it's healing.

Very soon I get to meet one of my favorite bloggers of all time. So awesome!

I watched "Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition" last night for the first time. Inspiring.

A well known scripture story of Christ is now seen in a new light, thanks to MMM.

My amazing husband and I have ups and downs in our marriage. We're far from perfect, but I think it's telling that we're both in this for the long haul. Most relationships cycle through the good and bad; one partner more invested than the other at times, etc. Right now, at this moment and for the last week or two, we have been in an upswing. It's beautiful and wonderful and I feel like the luckiest woman alive. I adore him!

This week, my girls are gone with my parents and Brandon is out of town for business. Nothing like absence to greatly increase appreciation, especially with all these boys running around the house!

Anything change your perceptions these week?

1 comment:

flip flop mama said...

Thanks for posting that link to MMM. I read his original post about anger and wow that hit a cord. I really need to work on that.