Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Overwhelming Grief

I had a post for 9/11. I wanted to point you to the Family Celebration (see my sidebar; at the top) because I'm actually guest posting there next week. But none of that matters right now.

On Thursday, 9/8/11, my brother-in-law (Brandon's sister's husband) took his own life. We are all in California right now dealing with this tragedy. I cannot even begin to describe the emotions I have felt this past week, but I promise to write about it all when we return to UT. For now, PLEASE do not take Depression or thoughts of suicide lightly! Seek help. Offer help. Be a catalyst for healing! There is always a way out, a way back. In Brenna's words:

"May the fight for sanity be the fight of our lives."

10 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I've been thinking a lot about you, Cheryl. Many thoughts and prayers and hugs to you and your family.

Kim said...

Cheryl, I too have been thinking of you and your family! I pray you find some peace within eachother's company! I was pregnant when we lost my Mom and man that is not easy to have all those extra hormones to deal with! I love you and if you ever need to vent I am here for you!

Julie said...

I'm just so heartbroken for everyone. What a tragedy. We realized my family knows his brothers family who also lost their daughter last year the same way. Utter devastation.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Thank you for the times you have been a catalyst for healing in my life. Your friendship saved me on more than one occasion. I love you, I pray for you, I think of you. I am so sorry for your loss.
<3 me

sariqd said...

Prayers going out to all of the families affected by this...

chercard said...

So very tragic...so sorry to hear about this! May God's love be with you as he is the only one who can offer peace in situations like this.

Mormon Women: Who We Are said...

Thinking of and praying for you.

flip flop mama said...

So sorry again Cheryl. I can't imagine the pain you and yourfamily is going through. Prayers and love for you.

Handsfullmom said...

I'm so sorry for what you and your family is going through. I put your names on the prayer roll at the temple last night when I was there and you've been in my prayers.

Laura said...

Cheryl and Brandon, I am so, so sorry to hear about your Brother-in-law. You are in my thoughts and prayers.