Tuesday, August 02, 2011

My Brain is Not Functioning Very Well Grammar-Wise. My Apologies.

Midway was a lot of fun. It was very relaxing! Most of the time. But instead of taking the time to show you pictures I did NOT take, or to wax poetic about the vacation, please go to this link and read to your heart's content. Missy is married to my cousin (our moms are sisters) and she took fantastic photos of the trip, including some great ones of my baby boy who turned two years old last Thursday. Thank you, Missy!

-----------------

I had a burst of energy yesterday which I utilized enormously. I'm regretting it today because I'm exhausted. Blah!

--------------------

We got home from Midway Saturday night around 10PM. Sunday morning, after being asked to sub as organist in Sacrament Meeting last minute, I had an early choir rehearsal, had to help #4 write his primary talk, finish planning my Sunday school lesson, and... well, I guess that's it. But it sure made for a very crazy morning! Brandon played the organ prelude for me until my choir rehearsal was done (when I could take over) and he also had to play in the combined Sunday School/Priesthood meeting. Did I mention we had a visiting General Authority in our meetings? As my friend Tami put it, it was like expecting our Mother-in-law, what with all the prep work. HA! Needless to say, after church, we all crashed and relaxed the rest of the day. We watched Goonies (on TV) and Harry Potter movies. Very good Sunday afternoon in my book!

-------------------------------------

School starts in 3 weeks. Huzzah! But before that, we have swimming lessons, and... that's it, I guess. Oh, soccer starts soon, too. And the girls decided they don't want to do musical theater this year, so we have to have discussions on what they would LIKE to begin. It's getting to the point that I wish they would find something they would be passionate about, just so we could find some consistency! Between the two of them, we've done gymnastics, art, dance, little league, musical theater, swimming lessons, and... I think that's it. So, it's not so bad, but still! At least we have consistent piano lessons. Which #3 will start this fall as well. Piano lessons will always be consistent in our home, at least!

------------------------------

#5 is officially out of the crib. Since he climbed out of it like crazy for months and we finally just put his crib mattress on the floor, we decided having the crib up was foolish. I took it down and stored it and you wanna know what? It's kind of nice! #5 may not stay in his bed very well, but at least I don't feel all mean by forcing him to stay in his crib only to have him climb out over and over and over... It's crazy to think that the next time I put the crib together will probably be the last. You know, for this kid. Which just might be our last.


That is all for now. Happy Tuesday, dear reader! I hop you have a great week.