1. Loaded up three boxes for the Migrant Workers Sub for Santa program. The kids went through their toys, our food storage, our dishes, our gloves/hats/scarves to find things to donate.
3. Every year just before Thanksgiving we take the kids grocery shopping and then deliver the entire purchase to the Utah County Food Bank. The best part is having the kids deliver it personally.
4. Kiva! My SIL gave us some money one Christmas years ago to donate, and I've been doing it every since.
5. Doorbell-Ditching goodies (tonight!).
6. A few weeks ago the older kids went with Brandon to help the youth rake lawns in our ward.
7. I'm thinking about getting the older kids ready to run some races with me this next summer. Just a few mile runs and 5K's. I know there are a lot out there that donate the entry fees to charity.
What do you do with your family to encourage service?
Brandon has been released from his Sunday School calling. Now we both only have one calling each.
I'm having one of those feelings. The itch. The knowledge that things are going to change. Again. Not sure where or how or why, but I feel it coming. I can't tell if I will be the catalyst or Brandon or the kids. I just know change is heading our way.
If you would like a Christmas letter-picture-thingy from yours truly, please send me your address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Merci!